Three short questions

By olorin2, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

1. On Fleeing to the Wall plot card, it starts with Others in italics. Does this mean that the card affects the other players and not the one who played it?

2. The Old Red Priest states: After Old Red Priest is killed, choose and kneel a standing location you control, if able. Isn't this a disadvantage? What is the benefit of this card, especially since it only has a STR of 1?

3. Finally, is Flame-kissed ( House Targaryen only. Ambush. If attached character has no other attachments, attached charachter gets -2 STR and is killed if its STR is 0) used to give a character the trait of Ambush?

I appreciate any forthcoming answers. I just got the Core set and trying to keep others intrested, I need to try to know the rules so I can answer immediately and not loose their intrest.

Olorin said:

1. On Fleeing to the Wall plot card, it starts with Others in italics. Does this mean that the card affects the other players and not the one who played it?

2. The Old Red Priest states: After Old Red Priest is killed, choose and kneel a standing location you control, if able. Isn't this a disadvantage? What is the benefit of this card, especially since it only has a STR of 1?

3. Finally, is Flame-kissed ( House Targaryen only. Ambush. If attached character has no other attachments, attached charachter gets -2 STR and is killed if its STR is 0) used to give a character the trait of Ambush?

I appreciate any forthcoming answers. I just got the Core set and trying to keep others intrested, I need to try to know the rules so I can answer immediately and not loose their intrest.

Sure!

1. Others. on the Fleeing to the Wall plot is a trait. They don't do anything by themselves, but they do trigger other cards. Think of it like Jaime Lannister being a Knight.

2. You're right! It is a disadvantage. Old Red Priest is a statistically broken card, it's 1 cost, 1 str, with all icons, and a trait beneficial to Baratheon. Stat-wise, a balanced 1 cost card would have 2 icons at the most. The disadvantageous ability is used to offset the Priest's superior stats. Don't forget, 1 cost characters are supposed to suck, someone has to die for the king. And being cannon fodder, it's pretty versatile cannon fodder.

3. Not exactly, flame-kissed itself has ambush. Except instead of being a character that jumps into play in challenges, it attaches to characters in challenges. It's a good way to screw an opponent who has just declared his attack, by attaching to his characters.

just to help in the future:

3. Ambush is a keyword specific to house targ all the house keywords are found in the rulebook with an explanation how they work.