Awareness, Deceive and Scrutiny

By Aleksei2, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi all,

First of all, sorry for my bad english I try to do my best.

I dont understand well how scrutiny work and the relationship with awareness & deceive.

From the book:

• AWARENESS

In general, Awareness is used when trying to spot items or individuals that are either hidden or diffi cult to notice.
Scrutiny is used to interpret hidden emotions, motivations, or other undercurrents.
So while spotting someone hidden utilises Awareness, telling when someone lies requires Scrutiny

Awareness opposes and is opposed by Stealth.

• DECEIVE

Deceive is the art of lying or fooling others into believing something which is not true. [...]
Deceive can also be used to create a disguise, given the proper time and materials, which can be used to either hide their own appearance or even impersonate the appearance of another.

Deceive opposes and is opposed by Awareness.

• SCRUTINY

The Scrutiny Skill helps assess the people or objects a Heretic encounters. The Heretic can use Scrutiny to gauge an individual’s truthfulness, determine his motives, and appraise his personality and temperament. It can also be used to analyse an object or display in detail, determining information that
may be hidden or simply not readily apparent.
In general, Scrutiny is used to interpret hidden emotions, motivations, or details unnoticeable unless subjected to a detailed analysis.

Awareness is used when trying to spot items or individuals. So while spotting someone hidden would be Awareness, telling when someone lying would be Scrutiny.

Its Awareness vs Stealth & Scrutiny vs Deceive? Or Deveive & Awareness can counter Deceive?

Help! xD

Pretty certain it's Scrutiny vs Deceive.

Yup, the Awareness thing is probably a mistake.

Ok.

Then is Awareness vs. Stealth // Scrutiny vs. Deceive.

Thanks a lot!!