the magic lamp

By Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy, in Rules Discussions

recently my friend started to try and work with aladdin more and he came up with some good maybe unclear questions about magic lamps. the first is can more then one genie be put under the lamamp? the card txt says when this card is discarded put all genie cards back into you friend zone from under this card. Next, if you can have multiple genies under the lamp, wyhen the multiple ones come out do you have to choose one to stay and the rest to go? And finally when any genie comes out from under that lamp into the friend zone do you get his effect again if its genie lvl1 or lvl4?

The easiest way of answerin this question is 'yes, yes, yes'. But to clarify:

Yes, you may have more than one Genie under the lamp, or so it does state by the card text. Meanin you could very well have a Genie lvl 1 'n a Genie lvl 4 sittin in the lamp, waitin to be summoned again.

'N yes, if you were to have several Genies under the lamp, 'n you bring them into play by the card effect, you would choose which would come out first, then which would follow, as to keep the peace of the 'one friend out' rule.

'N yes again, by followin the previous rule, if you brought out the Genie's one after another, the effects kick as well, so you could get the Genie's effects one after another.

So yes, Magic Lamp is an awesome card when combined with the Genie cards, makin it quite an astonishin play-by-play. However, note that once you do this, you'll have to wait for another lamp 'n/or to shuffle your deck in order to run through that combo again. That is, unless you have a couple Gravitys in hand, another Magic Lamp in hand, a Chip 'n Dale, 'n Fairy Godmother in play.. *nudge nudge wink wink*

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

recently my friend started to try and work with aladdin more and he came up with some good maybe unclear questions about magic lamps. the first is can more then one genie be put under the lamamp? the card txt says when this card is discarded put all genie cards back into you friend zone from under this card. Next, if you can have multiple genies under the lamp, wyhen the multiple ones come out do you have to choose one to stay and the rest to go? And finally when any genie comes out from under that lamp into the friend zone do you get his effect again if its genie lvl1 or lvl4?

im going to have to Respectfully disagree with Choitz and ill explain.

i would say yes more then one genie can be placed under the lamp.

and yes all genies will be put into play

and no you dont have to choose one to stay and one to go the lamp says they all go into your friend area.

and NO you would not get the effects because they are come into play effects and the lamp says put them in your friend which leads me to believe that they are already in play and by putting them in your friend area just allows you to get the benefit of their support values until the end of the turn when you have to discard all the M/F anyway.

sorry, can you clarify this for me then. my friend wants to run this deck with a vengence and i want to know exactly how this circustance would play out.

The way you said it is that only one genie stays in play, but in our case i want to know who and how he gets to pick what stays. it is not uncommon for him to have a lamp with 2 level 1 genies and 1 level 4. if he were to get rid of lamp for it's effect and play the genies, then would he have to pick any one of the genies to stay or would it have to be one of the level 1's. reason i as is the name rule. because the name rule says you can only play cards of different levels so would the scenario be play level 1 then level 4 then level 1 again?

or is there a way for him to play all 3 then keep the level 4 as a choice?

and also, if an aladin with a lamp is targeted with a parasite cage, will it lose the lamp when placed on the cage?

Last Messiah said:

sorry, can you clarify this for me then. my friend wants to run this deck with a vengence and i want to know exactly how this circustance would play out.

The way you said it is that only one genie stays in play, but in our case i want to know who and how he gets to pick what stays. it is not uncommon for him to have a lamp with 2 level 1 genies and 1 level 4. if he were to get rid of lamp for it's effect and play the genies, then would he have to pick any one of the genies to stay or would it have to be one of the level 1's. reason i as is the name rule. because the name rule says you can only play cards of different levels so would the scenario be play level 1 then level 4 then level 1 again?

or is there a way for him to play all 3 then keep the level 4 as a choice?

and also, if an aladin with a lamp is targeted with a parasite cage, will it lose the lamp when placed on the cage?

Firstly, You can keep all three Genie on the field. It's just the way it works for the lamp. Specific friend rules applys when PLAYING them which is one card at a time instead of PUTTING all of them at the same time.

When Cage takes a friend, the equipment card is destoryed, However, the wording on it implys that you have to discard it, not have your opponent destory it.

well what about this, i play an owl after a genie gets put under the lamp can the genie come back into play