Dwarfs And Goblins (Blazon like) tokens!Whats their purpose?

By player814720, in Battlelore

In the base game you get these tokens...and as long as i searched the players guide and the adventures book i cant find the reason of their existance.Figured that they might be used in future expansion but then in the appendix there is this photo of a token on the victory track so i thought you may obtain it for killing all the mercenaries or something like that..can someone tell me?

Sorry for the delay in a response - there was a time that these boards received more attention, but that time has passed. One will get a more timely response if asking questions on the BoardGameGeek forums for this game .

On to your question: The official use for the Lion and Fleur de Lis tokens is to mark in game victory objectives. For the other tokens, I can't recall official uses, but presumably they were originally provided both for future rule expansions and also player customization. There were big plans for this game, many left unfulfilled at this point, but the core of the game is solid with plenty of clay for ones imagination.

The dwarf and goblin tokens are used to mark VP spaces on maps with all goblin or all dwarven troops. They serve the same purpose and the pennant and banner tokens do to mark this VP spaces.

Basically, they are cosmetic.