Sephiroth

By Darkwing Duck2, in Hollow Bastion

Doesnt anybody else think sephiroth as a friend card just doesnt fit? i think he should have been made a Friend/Dark/Villain or just a dark/villain i mean dark decks need some kind of help and sephy with his effect as a dark card would have been great.

i know people i know im just saying it would have been cool if he was dark.

I think that would've been better, considering that he is kind of Cloud's dark side. It seems to me that Cloud and Sephiroth are the same cards, so you can have either one, so I would have enjoyed Sephiroth helpind out the dark decks instead.

i guess when they make certain srus they dont consider it from all aspects i mean king triton as a friend doesnt seem to fit for me either but hes good so what can we do

Out of any other type of card though, I would probably classify him as a friend too. I mean, King Triton was never a summon so he can't be a magic/friend, and he sure isn't evil..

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

i guess when they make certain srus they dont consider it from all aspects i mean king triton as a friend doesnt seem to fit for me either but hes good so what can we do

Well consider this, since Sephiroth was a lvl 4 as a regular friend, he probably would have been a lvl 9. Seeing from the failure of Dark Moogle (D. Mal), Sephiroth wouldn't have seen much play time either so it's best that he is where he is.

Well, I presume the reason that Sephiroth doesn't fit as a friend is because of the translation.

In the Japanese version of the game, the closest translation for the Friend card is 'Ally'. Sephiroth as an ally makes more sense than as a friend in my opinion.

out of curiousity roxas how does D.mal fail?

and they could have made sephiroth a lvl 4 dark with 10 pow and the same kick butt ability he has or they could have made him a lvl 9 like you said but the ability and pow would have to kick just as much butt. im not saying he should have been dark but it would have been cool or maybe they could have made him a friend/dark/villain that would have been even more interesting.

Darkwing Duck said:

out of curiousity roxas how does D.mal fail?

and they could have made sephiroth a lvl 4 dark with 10 pow and the same kick butt ability he has or they could have made him a lvl 9 like you said but the ability and pow would have to kick just as much butt. im not saying he should have been dark but it would have been cool or maybe they could have made him a friend/dark/villain that would have been even more interesting.

D Mal "fails" because she is too slow. Rarely do you see someone get D Mal to the field early, and once it's on the field it has to stay there. It's effect is good, but you have to consider which cards you get rid of, or you level chain it which takes a long time as well.

Out of a DD, it's much better.

Sephiroth with his effect would never be a lvl 4 Dark Card. People would abuse that with 3x Sephiroth's in a dark deck. Level 9 is a long way to go for a Dark Deck, and as I have said before, pulling off a lvl 9 chain takes much more time than it can afford.
He's supposed to counter balance Cloud, which just doesn't happen as Cloud is easily 10 times better just because of the play style he goes into, Aggro Mirror Sephiroth is lucky to stay on the field more than a turn or two and againist a Racer they honestly could care less about anything other than Soul Eater , HP, and Dark Cards, which is why Cloud is there.

He could have been Dark but he would have either been broken like The King, or not worth the effort like a slower D. Mal. Sephiroth would have probably not been a villain though, because Villian is just meant for the Disney Villians, though he would have been searchable.

well of course people would abuse 3x sephiroths but he should be like that just because he IS sephiroth lol sephiroth is a G and should have a great ability.

Mr. Incredible said:

well of course people would abuse 3x sephiroths but he should be like that just because he IS sephiroth lol sephiroth is a G and should have a great ability.

Only and then you'd see 3x Sephiroth EVERYWHERE, almost enough to make people not play him because well lets face it, you get sick of seeing the same card over and over...Sephiroth hate decks would appear and for good reason.

It's just my opinion.

Roxas said:

He could have been Dark but he would have either been broken like The King, or not worth the effort like a slower

Now i'm wondering how is the King broken???

Eroecchi said:

Roxas said:

He could have been Dark but he would have either been broken like The King, or not worth the effort like a slower

Now i'm wondering how is the King broken???

....because he can not only search ANY card without revealing it to your opponent and searchable by D Isle, but it is discarded at the end of the turn, so it can not be Cage'd. No other search card in any TCG, that I am aware, has that much power. In short there is no way to stop it and you can pull it out quickly. (/ no thats what she said, yes someone got me on that today already)

but why cage it after its effect has gone into play? i mean i use D island to find wendy i get my tink, have no use for her cage her all you want. if you mean to cage the king to stop the use of another one, that would be the use of limit 1 right?.

if you can go further into this? i concider it more a super powerful card then a broken card

Eroecchi said:

but why cage it after its effect has gone into play? i mean i use D island to find wendy i get my tink, have no use for her cage her all you want. if you mean to cage the king to stop the use of another one, that would be the use of limit 1 right?.

if you can go further into this? i concider it more a super powerful card then a broken card

Why? So they don't get it back in the recycle. You dont want them setting up combos and beleive it or not that is all The King is used for.

ah, i see your point now, but im going to say i dont agree with it. Kings Hella strong but super awsome.

Eroecchi said:

ah, i see your point now, but im going to say i dont agree with it. Kings Hella strong but super awsome.

Hence him being broken...

Just to clarify: The term 'broken' means that the card in question is so incredibly useful/good that it is usable in anything that it can be used in.

Apart from Dark Decks where you can't use The King, can you think of any deck where The King would not be useful?

Personally, I like The King. Yes, he is incredibly useful ANYWHERE, but that's almost what lessens his broken-ness. In my career with this game, I have pulled a total of 3 Kings (literally, 1 per box), 2 of them have gone out to trades, and the third is of course for me. However, almost every player in my area runs the King, and that prevents any sort of call of broken-ness.

Getting back to the real issue of this forum: Sephiroth as a Dark/Villian would probabley ended up being level 12, because you could run him in a normal deck, and they wouldn't want you to place him on your opponents worlds at all. Btw, yes I know that would negate his use as a friend in a Dark Deck... in fact it almost makes MORE sense.

sephiroth should discard all copies of aerith when he comes into play