The Underwater Conspiracy

By Dadajef, in CoC Rules Discussion

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand this conspiracy and its "if able" clause.

Someone can explain who is targeted by the effect. Only characters with willpower ?

Thanks

The Underwater Conspiracy : Uncommon
Conspiracy
Cost 2
Terror x2 Combat Arcane Investigation Struggles
Text: CONSPIRACY If you win this conspiracy, you may cause all characters in play to lose WILLPOWER and then go insane, if able.

I've checked it, and for now it's best to ignore the "if able" clause, because that is the intended wording.

I imagine that there can be character with willpower AND terror icon (e.g. gaineg from an attachment). In this case he will loose WILLPOWER but will not go insane as it still has terror icon.

Veross said:

I imagine that there can be character with willpower AND terror icon (e.g. gaineg from an attachment). In this case he will loose WILLPOWER but will not go insane as it still has terror icon.

The "if able" clause would imply that only when all characters have willpower and are able to go insane after they lose willpower the effect will have a result. This is a templating error. But you're right characters with Terror still won't go insane.

Sure, with the 'if able" clause the effect will never apply.

May be, if you have time Marius, it will be great to write a Topic about "if able" clause with differents examples ?

i have a feeling the faq will be updated soon with all these typos and everything.

Dadajef said:

Sure, with the 'if able" clause the effect will never apply.

May be, if you have time Marius, it will be great to write a Topic about "if able" clause with differents examples ?

The "If Able" clause is a source for constant confusion, even with the templaters, it seems. The FAQ entry is put under concideration, so I hope to learn more about it's future soon.