Conan vs Runeswars

By Lohengrin77, in Age of Conan

i wanna buy an area contol game for holyday and want to know, the differences in gamplay between aoc an rw.

both games look very similar.

chaos in the orld world is diffrent i think?

I bought AoC, because i got it cheap.

Hopfully, i haven_'t done a mistake buying AoC over Runewars or Chaos in the Old World.

While I do prefer Chaos in the Old world and Runewars over AOC, all three are great games.

Saying that, all three are very very different in play...

While I have not played it I have heard that AoC is a very good game. I intend to pick it up at some point. I have not heard to many good things about Chaos in the Old World. I have played Runewars and while it has gotten alot of positive feedback I felt it tried to do to many things for my taste. It is a beautiful game however. For the truly epic "area control game" I prefer TI3.

Runewars is a mess of a game with AoC a little bit better. If you have 4 players get CiTOW and never look back, it's an amazing game.

They are three great games but very different. CitOW is the exquisitly balanced knife-fight in a phone booth. Runewars is less focused but has a lot of cool synergies running through it (I think of it as Twilight Imperium light). Age of Conan is a slower moving, more deliberate game experience with less sudden maneuvers and surprise attacks.

All three great games that deserve to get played.

AoC works well with my group, but I wish we had more time to play it. I think you made the right choice. Especially, if you got it for a good price. That is the same reason I ended up getting the game.

Age of Conan is a good game. You made an excellent choice.

According to me the conan is the best because its too tuff and i like tuff games very much and its to much famous then Runeswars.