space marine movement question

By monk, in Death Angel

Hi,

When you play a move and activate card for you space marines I understand that each space marine in one team can only move 1 adjacent position. If, for example, I have 2 yellow spacemarines ( Y1 & Y2 ) seperated by a green ( G ) the formation will be: Y1 G Y2 . If I decide to move the yellow team can I move a yellow marine so he takes place of the green (now becomes Y1 Y2 G ) and then move the other yellow marine so he swaps position with the yellow marine that move previosulsy (now becomes Y2 Y1 G )? Even though Y2 has moved 2 positions (one from his own move action and one due to the move action of team mate) each marine only carried out the action once, I presume this is ok?

I think using the Yellow team to highlight a movement example is bad, since their M+A allows them to jump to any position, not just adjacent lengua.gif . In the Y1G1Y2 example, you can swap Y1 and Y2 with one movement, although getting them both adjacent does need them swapping places with the G1.

But yes, if taken without the Yellow team's M+A ability, your example is correct.

only read the rules, but have not played yet? 1 in 6 chance of picking a team with that moves differently!!!!

monk said:

only read the rules, but have not played yet? 1 in 6 chance of picking a team with that moves differently!!!!

If you play solo, you use 3 teams. RAW you can pick and choose your teams, but I've never played that way, random all the way. With base game and six teams, I played draw 3 random, play, use the other 3 next game. After adding the expansions and now having 8 eight teams, rotation changes a bit: 3-3-2+1-3-3-1+2-3-3, with each of the teams getting three plays. If I was choosing my teams, Green team would never see action.

Oh come on, Green using Block can totally stem the horde!