Update on status on MOV (Stronghold vs FFG)

By Alexca1, in Merchant of Venus

Hello,

Is there an update about the publishing rights btw Stronghold and FFG? Any updates?

I wish you had put this in the form of a question. It sounds like you're giving an update on the status.

Not so sure if this has some meaning or not, but on the latest number of Preview (december), in the games section FFG has announced Merchants of Venus. Fingers crossed

sepayne7l said:

I wish you had put this in the form of a question. It sounds like you're giving an update on the status.

He'll never do well on final Jeopardy.

I hope that Stronghold and FFG are able to sort out the "IP owner" issue and that this game sees release. This is one of those classic games that I have been hunting down for years, but that I would love to buy an updated copy of.

Christian

On The Dice Tower 262 the two CEOs of Stronghold Games and FFG said the games will be ready for Essen this year. so we will have to wait until October.

It looks like the best possible resolution was made. And I noticed the final box cover has the author's name in it, just like how Stronghold had announced the game. So it's FFG's rendition, but with Stronghold's input and title. Well done! That's how you handle disputes like this. :)

Caught the article as well. Something tells me that the amount of PR feel-good gibberish means that the resolution was anything but smooth though at the same time it sounds like both developers are moving on and putting what was someone else's snarfu behind them (either the original MoV creator misread his contract rights or there was a file clerk in Wizards that's now out of a job.) In any case I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

Both Fantasy Flight and Stronghold Games are my favorite game publishers and even if it was a bumpy road to the final decision, I'm extremely happy at the outcome. This is exciting news that they will team up to re-produce a game long on my wish list. As a customer of both publishers, I want to Thank You in your efforts to come to a professional resolution. I hope this game is a home run for both companies.

Von Epp