Offical answer on balkas

By Aussie_Digger2, in Tide of Iron

I have received a response from Rob Kouba from FFG regarding the LOS issue about balkas:

Rule Question:
> I would just like to clear up something with the balka terrain, that
> has been discused on the forums alot.
>
> Unit A is in a balka hex, and unit B is 3 hexes away (clear terrain
> between them)
> I know the rules say unit B can not see unit A, but can unit A see
> unit B? or do the units need to be adjacent for them to both have LOS.
>
> The general consensus has been that for both units to have LOS they
> must be adjacent.

Greetings Mark,

The consensus is correct :)

FFG

:D

Glad to see an official answer and to see common sense prevail!

That wasn't difficult, was it? Yet the tone seems as if he was having his teeth pulled.

beresford said:

That wasn't difficult, was it? Yet the tone seems as if he was having his teeth pulled.

I'm not sure how you can manage to make something negative out of a quite neutral four-word-answer ( + smiley! ), but if you mean that he regularly smiles when having his teeth pulled I guess you're right. Other than that, the clearification is welcome so the rules as written for Balkas were correct.

cool.gif

Latro said:

beresford said:

I'm not sure how you can manage to make something negative out of a quite neutral four-word-answer ( + smiley! ), but if you mean that he regularly smiles when having his teeth pulled I guess you're right. Other than that, the clearification is welcome so the rules as written for Balkas were correct.

cool.gif

yep pretty much correct just missing a few words in the rule book which didnt make it clear if the unit in the balka had LOS or not, but has been cleared up now