Will there be...?

By GorFrag, in Dust Warfare

tumblr_l2j45xNaAg1qzsgg9o1_500.jpg

Air plane rules? Please Please Please!

They've got the anti-aircraft ratings for three different Armor values, so they should be available at some point.

DUST has a lot of room for growth, with a good core to grow on.

I agree with Gimp, the stat cards show that some weapons can damage aircraft so at some point they can be used.

I'm wondering if any shots at aircraft will be reactive fire. Even with the current prop planes the speed on strafing runs was too fast for most units to react to them quickly while in combat. Something like:

1. Place A/C at start of run
  2. Take Reactive Fire AA shots
  3. Resolve Strafing/Bombing run

Now, if we get helicopters, or (for Vrill) antigravity vehicles, then it might be different, but otherwise it might just be paying for a once a game semi-random attack on multiple targets.

The classic one, starting at 0:59.

Is the above artwork from the Dust world? I would SO buy that model!!!

Algesan said:

I'm wondering if any shots at aircraft will be reactive fire. Even with the current prop planes the speed on strafing runs was too fast for most units to react to them quickly while in combat. Something like:

Sure they will, only AA weapons have Advanced/superior Reactive fire, thats what they are designed for. And 1 MG with a 1/3 chance of shooting isn't going to concern a plane.

No its an unused design from raiders of the lost ark, by Ron Cobb.

Fast attack aircraft seem harder to me to work into the game as a model or figure. Hovering vehicles make more sense like the SSU helicopter.

Psykostevo said:

Fast attack aircraft seem harder to me to work into the game as a model or figure. Hovering vehicles make more sense like the SSU helicopter.

I agree, probably best to simulate these as some form of artillery strike that can be stopped/eroded by AA fire.

Of course FFG may want to sell some pretty models that need to appear on the table fighters in rather like the Dark Eldar fighters in WH40K.

I guess like any WW2 wargame would you want to represent GA aircraft like Stukas/Typhoons/Sturmoviks on the table...matter of choice i suppose

dont forget bombers of all sizes and types....