Maybe this time they will release an Expansion with House Targaryen and The Others?

By RodKabuto, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

I hope they release something with those two.

They will only do so when the books finally reach the point where Targaryen military has an influence on Westeros in a significant way, then and only then will it happen.

The next book will be out in two years, at best, probably five.

So, FFG will have an expansion a year after that. You are looking at a solid four-five years waiting on that.

Edit: never mind, posted in wrong place.

I remember when the card game and board game first came out way back when. I didn't really understand why the factions in the two games didn't match up. I still don't completely get it, but now that I'm reading the books (about halfway through Swords presently), it makes a bit more sense, given that the board game focuses on a very specific time period (namely the 2nd and 3rd books, give or take), with the houses positioned roughly as they were at that time, whereas the now-living card game has more room for specific story flavor, and so it adopts a somewhat more fluid approach to the storyline (since no two Games of Thrones ever turn out quite the same way).

I dont really see how a Targaryen expansion is going to work in this setting. They arent an organised enough faction to actually compete in a battle of Houses.

I think the game is between first and seccond books (Eddard Stark is still alive, as well Renly); and up to them, Daenerys only has 3 dragons and 30 dothraki to follow her. No way yet to battle witht the houses

Marael said:

I think the game is between first and seccond books (Eddard Stark is still alive, as well Renly); and up to them, Daenerys only has 3 dragons and 30 dothraki to follow her. No way yet to battle witht the houses

Moreover, The board game is also exclusively focused on Westeros and Dany has technically never set foot on the Westeros mainland. Thus, why would she even be considered as one of the great houses by anyone except the reader? Sure Varys is working in the shadows to set up the return of the Targaryen family but thats not on the minds of the great houses.