Unable to download. Error: 42

By Holy Fool, in Elder Sign: Omens

Hi,

Just bought "Elder Sign : Omens" for Android, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. When I start the game, I'm taken to the screen reading "Please wait while Elder Sign : Omens downloads the remaining game content to your device", with the "Restart" button and the two jars. But there's a error message too : "Unable to download content. Error: 42". Pressing the "Restart" button doesn't help (it seems to briefly refresh the screen). I tried to restart the device but with no success.

Device is connected to internet correctly through wi-fi.

Thanks for your help, I'm eager to play this game !

Could be a network issue. Give it a couple of days and see if you still have issues with downloading the content.

A screenie :

elder-sign-bug.png

Same problem here, and when I tried downloading via 3G was told my device couldn't connect to the internet.

Also, I cannot now claim a refund for the app from the Market despite not having had the app for even 24 hours.

Resolved for me with the last patch. Thank you.

HolyFool said:

Resolved for me with the last patch. Thank you.

False happy alert ... In fact I have now the screen allowing me to choose either the phone or table option, then it says it will download the remaining content and after a message "Deleting cache", same error message "Error 42:...".

Well after a reboot, it's downloading o/ Really seems to work now. At least I'm supposed to be entitled to having the bugs the others have, not being quite alone in this bug (having enjoyed the company of Jedit tho happy.gif .

Yep, works fine here too now.

I had this issue as well. Rebooting my table cleared it right up and allowed me to download.