To developers: Please let us skip the cutscenes

By TheDarkSun, in Elder Sign: Omens

If someone from the FFG will read this - at some point of the development would you please implement an option that will skip the cutscenes as on older models it takes a really long time to load (Nexus One) and breaks the flow of the game.

In general it is a very solid release and yes, we need more ancient ones, but I assume that is something that will be implemented based on a popularity of the game. I am pretty sure everyone is willing to wait for it and, most of us, to pay a small fee for it.

Thank you FFG for bringing us this great experience.

Regards,

Yaroslav

+1

It all looks great, and I think it would be fine to show the cutscene graphic once for each adventure, but not every time you go in to the same adventure. It really shouldn't be that this version takes longer than the dice game version, but as it is, that's definitely the case.

Fantastic production, though.

If I click or tap the cutscene, it bypasses it on my ipod.

The thing I would like to change is the green glyphs. I can't see the numbers on my ipod. I can see the purple ones fine, but the green ones are really hard to read. Maybe make the numbers a color instead of white?

Phil

Yep touching the cut-scene on my HTC skips the cut scene's forward.

Are you sure? I have an iPod Touch and it definitely does not skip the cut scenes. Are you talking about the intro scene and the game end scene? Those I can skip by tapping. But I'm talking about the scenes between every adventure, where it shows the image of the adventure. And also when it shows the investigator whose turn it is. Those cannot be skipped by tapping, at least not for me. And those are what make the game experience tedious in this format.

I think what needs to be implemented is a quickplay option. This would be on the main screen and by choosing this, the game would play as normally, except that none of the cutscenes or transitions would be displayed. Right now, even if I choose random investigators, it takes 6 clicks to get the game started. With quickplay, one click would get you into the game (I suggest this button defaults to randomly choosing the investigators for you). While I love the music, sounds and graphics, all of the transitions (showing investigators/locations) slows the gameplay down.

Rodzilla68 said:

I think what needs to be implemented is a quickplay option. This would be on the main screen and by choosing this, the game would play as normally, except that none of the cutscenes or transitions would be displayed. Right now, even if I choose random investigators, it takes 6 clicks to get the game started. With quickplay, one click would get you into the game (I suggest this button defaults to randomly choosing the investigators for you). While I love the music, sounds and graphics, all of the transitions (showing investigators/locations) slows the gameplay down.

I can go along with this. Sounds like a great option.