Army Building Program

By Dakkon426, in Dust Tactics

I wrote an Army builder program that I'll have out sometime in the next week or so. I'll be posting more info on my blog http://dt-army.blogspot.com/ as i get closer to100% but for now courage.

Had a small bout of insomnia so I finished it. download link on my blog.

Cool.

I tried to install it, but the setup.exe wouldn't run.

It gave me the following error message:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.239
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/James&Victoria/Downloads/DT%20Army%20Builder_rev5/DT%20Army%20Builder.application
Application url : file:///C:/Users/James&Victoria/Downloads/DT%20Army%20Builder_rev5/Application%20Files/DT%20Army%20Builder_1_0_0_5/DT%20Army%20Builder.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : DT Army Builder.application, Version=1.0.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=964809c0e17a3a08, processorArchitecture=x86
Application Identity : DT Army Builder.exe, Version=1.0.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=964809c0e17a3a08, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.
* Activation of C:UsersJames&VictoriaDownloadsDT Army Builder_rev5DT Army Builder.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [Thu Nov 3 9:35:26 AM] : Activation of C:UsersJames&VictoriaDownloadsDT Army Builder_rev5DT Army Builder.application has started.
* [Thu Nov 3 9:35:26 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [Thu Nov 3 9:35:26 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [Thu Nov 3 9:35:26 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [Thu Nov 3 9:35:27 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [Thu Nov 3 9:35:27 AM] System.ArgumentException
- Value does not fall within the expected range.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
* [Thu Nov 3 9:35:27 AM] System.ArgumentException
- Value does not fall within the expected range.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Sorry but at the moment I only have Windows 7 computers to test on so I can't tract down that error specificaly. But I recommend updating windows and trying to install again.

Edit: I have not had any trouble installing on several systems. also please post comments.

Very cool little program. Congratulations!

I'd actually prefer it if the commands were swapped, and a double click added or removed a unit, and you had to click an interface button to acess the stat card. People will be adding and removing squads much more than they will be reviewing stat cards. You can still leave the arrow buttons for those that need things spelled out, but the double click should have the same effect.

Some name corrections:

"13 Foxtrot"

"The Hammers"

The "Panzer Killers" have actually been renamed "Tank Killers", though I prefer the original name. "Panzer" doesn't refer exclusively to german tanks, otherwise a "panzerschreck" would be called a "tankschreck".

Dakkon426 said:

Sorry but at the moment I only have Windows 7 computers to test on so I can't tract down that error specificaly. But I recommend updating windows and trying to install again.

Edit: I have not had any trouble installing on several systems. also please post comments.

I have Windows 7 and it's up to date. Oh well, if I get a chance I'll try it on a different computer.

felkor said:

Dakkon426 said:

I have Windows 7 and it's up to date. Oh well, if I get a chance I'll try it on a different computer.

Loophole Master said:

Very cool little program. Congratulations!

I'd actually prefer it if the commands were swapped, and a double click added or removed a unit, and you had to click an interface button to acess the stat card. People will be adding and removing squads much more than they will be reviewing stat cards. You can still leave the arrow buttons for those that need things spelled out, but the double click should have the same effect.

Some name corrections:

"13 Foxtrot"

"The Hammers"

The "Panzer Killers" have actually been renamed "Tank Killers", though I prefer the original name. "Panzer" doesn't refer exclusively to german tanks, otherwise a "panzerschreck" would be called a "tankschreck".

I made a post on my blog about your army builder. I didn't get a chance to download it last night though

I tried it on a different computer and got it to work - good stuff!

Thanks for the app. Does anyone have a file for the Lone Wolff Army builder program for DT that is up do date.

I like it, thanks dude!

Good Program, however a lot of the Display Cards aren't loading and some of the ones loading is incorrect. Bazooka Joe's card shows him costing 2 points (though he costs 16). Johnny One-eye's card is Ozz's card. I really think that if all the cards were loaded properly, it would be a fantastic program!

**** for the program

Minus ** because of the card issues!

I've added the new cards to my army builder.
link

I get a 404 when I click on the link.

Your program is great, btw! Thank you for putting it up.

Yeah, link's not working, but you can get to the software easily enough through the blog link.

Again, great job. I'm glad to see you incorporated my suggestion to the adding/removing process, it really is faster and more intuitive to play around with the list now.

Now, what would it take to turn this into a smart phone app?

As for the link I fail at using the forum. As for a Smart phone app Ill see what I can do next time I have a little time.

Completely minor, but SturmKonig is misspelled.

Heya awesome program and thanks for the effort put into it. I checked out the SSU army and all the cards lined up. I wasn't sure what the rules button did so I highlighted a unit and the error box came up stating: Provide value on "System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension" threw an exception.

Only suggestion I have to improve on it would be to make a print button for the army list….and if it could be a smartphone app….being able to make my army list would be king while I'm at work.

Thanks Again

Reorder-

Thank you so much for giving me that exception info, I've been trying to track that bug down for a week and can't reproduce it myself. As for a smart phone app, not anytime soon but it is something I want to do; maybe this summer. Also you can use go to Edit->Copy to get a text copy of your list if you want to paste it in notepad to print.

No worries and thanks on the heads up on how to print the list.

This is a great program for building a list and I love the option to view each card. Thanks so much for this!