No British Civilization?

By axmeister, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Once again Britain has been left out of the Civilization Board Game, and I'm beginning to wonder whether it's due to technical difficulties or whether building the worlds biggest empire isn't enough to get into the game.

Well, it's just that everyone knows the British can't really win at anything. We Americans proved that. rofl

LOL - Sorry I had to laugh on that one. That being said they are one of my favorites to play in the video game.

I agree Great Britain should be included. I was thinking this again last weekend playing Civ with the new nations. I won as India in a military victory vs Arabs (going strong for a cultural victory) with the Spanish also playing (going strong for a tech victory).

I was thinking too that of all the ways to win the economic way seemed least likely and has done in all the games we've played to date. Maybe with the overdue introduction of GB economics can be better emphasized.

GB. Elizabeth. Monarchy. Sailing. Extra coins when conquering villages and cities and can invest twice a turn? Anyway, I'd like to see GB in the next expansion.

TemTemSefekh said:

GB. Elizabeth. Monarchy. Sailing. Extra coins when conquering villages and cities and can invest twice a turn? Anyway, I'd like to see GB in the next expansion.

Maybe if they win a battle against a city, they get all the trade that city would nomally get.

Or, whenever India or America(them being colonies) obtain a resource or Hut/Village, Britain can choose a resources from the market .

Or, they gain a +4 combat bonuses when battles are fought in water.

wootersl said:

Well, it's just that everyone knows the British can't really win at anything. We Americans proved that. rofl

Particularly with winning the Darwin award year-in year-out gui%C3%B1o.gif

I do think it's strange that the British are absent. I'm sure in a future expansion they'll be included. Perhaps some naval bonus would be good.

The British ought to be included in the next expansion although i was thinking an economic edge would be good - eg a coin to start and a coin per city built. If the Brits started with Sailing that would be a good enough edge to start with without needing to have combat bonuses - maybe also start with Stonehenge?

So: Queen Elizabeth, Monarchy, Sailing, Start with a coin and gain a coin per city built (by GB) and Stonehenge. With a start tile with say three water squares, two forest and two mountains next to the start square.

TemTemSefekh said:

So: Queen Elizabeth, Monarchy, Sailing, Start with a coin and gain a coin per city built (by GB) and Stonehenge. With a start tile with say three water squares, two forest and two mountains next to the start square.

Not bad but i think that it will be better if you give Monarchy, Monarchy because with Sailing start Isabella and remove stonehenge at start (egypt ability). Or you can choose Richard the Lionheart for Brit. ;)

If i can give you some other empire to the espansion probably i will see Japan with Tokugawa Ieyasu, France Napoleon (military) or Luis XIV (economic), Mongol Gengis Khan, Montezuma Aztec, Nabucodonosor Babylon.

I think Monarchy would be a given for GB and Elizabeth I too. Other options: Victoria would be a good alternative choice or possibly Henry V. You could have say Feudalism as the starting tech.

They left out a lot of good civs in the board game and its expansion, but that doesn't mean that they wont includ them in future expansions. Im actually more dissapointed in their exclusion of Babylon (although it is a dlc for the vid). Their my best civ. Iv never actually tried Britain really. I just cant seem to wait for the next expansion and see what they include…..they better put in religion though.

gramis said:

Not bad but i think that it will be better if you give Monarchy, Monarchy because with Sailing start Isabella and remove stonehenge at start (egypt ability). Or you can choose Richard the Lionheart for Brit. ;)

Isabella starts with Navigation.