Does it work with Android 2.1?

By player782126, in Elder Sign: Omens

Does it work with Android 2.1??

It seems like nobody at FFG ever heard about Android....it clearly says in the announcement, that it will only run on the Ipad.

What are you two talking about?

From the article, bottom of the page:

"...and look for Elder Sign: Omens on the App Store, Mac App Store, and Android Marketplac e in the coming weeks."

You can even see the Android marketplace logo on the product page (underneath the magnifying glass).

gran_risa.gif

Oh, you are right. Nice! But this is the text I am refering to:

"Elder Sign: Omens HD is an application for your iPad..."

So this is contradicting information. But I would greatly appreciate if FFG finally started to support Android.

I haven't heard anything about their apps working on Android, but hopefully this means we'll see eventual Android applicability.

Last weekend at Arkham Nights they said it would be available for Android devices. Assume that the article just uses shorthand when it refers to "for the ipad."

It looks like there's 4 different versions:

Elder Sign: Omens for Android;

Elder Sign: Omens for iPhone / iPod;

Elder Sign: Omens HD for iPad;

Elder Sign: Omens HD for Mac.

So the Android supporters should really check which version of the game their looking at before starting on the usual "Why no Android?" spiels... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Frankly, I don't understand developers sometimes, and question their marketing decisions. Yes, both platforms (iOS & Android) are hugely successful, but the MAC?? Where is the Windows version? You are ONLY ostracizing yourself from over 80+% of the market.

Well, RoC,

I imagine it's cuz the iOS versions (iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad) aren't too far from the MAC OS and so it's easily (cheaply) ported over.

The Windows thing is probably a whole different programming issue.

At least, at last, droid users will stop their unending whining.

sepayne7l said:

Well, RoC,

I imagine it's cuz the iOS versions (iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad) aren't too far from the MAC OS and so it's easily (cheaply) ported over.

I can agree with that. I have heard that the iOS is pretty easy to work with, and that there can be issues with Android....

What I was getting at, is with Android being as HUGELY popular as it is, I would think that it wouldn't be treated as a "step child."

But you have to admit, the Android users really do have a valid complaint.

RoC1909 said:

sepayne7l said:

Well, RoC,

I can agree with that. I have heard that the iOS is pretty easy to work with, and that there can be issues with Android....

What I was getting at, is with Android being as HUGELY popular as it is, I would think that it wouldn't be treated as a "step child."

But you have to admit, the Android users really do have a valid complaint.

From what I have heard from a developer is the problem with developing games for android is there are like 50 different kinds of android phones most with different processing speeds and RAM capacity. So making sure your game will work on all of them is a serious pain, whereas with iphones you only have 6 different models to worry about and almost nobody has an iphone 1st or 2nd gen., so you really only have to worry about 4 models.

I was super excited when this app was announced, butI'm still stuck with my 2nd gen Iphone for another two months because of my contract, and I don't want to pay a bunch to get a new phone early. So I'm waiting it out extremely impatiently.