Reichdoktor

By Horsa, in Tannhauser

When I first saw this item I just assumed that when you activated a character, you could flip this item to cause 2 successes and then put the 2 wounds on the character. However, this seems contrary to how the rules work which means you need to spend an activation to use an item.

So which is it? Do I activate Hoss and use his action to use Reichdoktor on another character or do I simply flip the token when I activate a character I wish to use the item on?

It doesn't require his action

use it anytime after one of your units has made a roll, once per game turn.

It's before the roll is made you use it, so you always take the risk of wounding one of your own in vain.

Is Reichdoktor really used before the actual roll? It states that you "add two successes to a friendly character's roll". Because of this wording, I thought you'd roll first and then use the ability to add the two successes. But then again, I'm not sure because English is not my native language.

The first sentence implies you may add it after the roll. The second sentence is less clear as it states "after the roll is resolved" as it could be taken to apply to the shock roll or the attack roll, thus you would add the 2 successes before rolling, if you took the latter meaning.

At the moment I am adding them after the attack roll because the 2 wounds are a serious loss in exchange for 2 successes.

There are many things about this game which makes me wonder why FFG took it over as there is not the attention to detail that you see in other games.

But if you're abel to add the successes after the roll has been made, the power becomes too powerfull. 'Cause if you can guarantee to kill MacNeal or Barry with one attack, two wounds ain't that high price to pay. The risk part needs to be in the power.

There are many abilities that may be too powerful under some conditions. Whether adding 2 successes after an attack roll instead of before is one of them, I am not sure, although I do see what you are getting at. In the games I have played, it does crop up on occasions. I could play the rule either way as the 2 wounds will reduce most characters to ones that are much easier to kill.

I was wondering if the good doctor would constitute a friendly character and use it on himself?

Well i have a question pending for FFG for some time now, when/if they ever answer im going to post here for sure. Because the way i see this ability its not clear with the timing, not even if the attacking char need to survive the 2 damage to make the attack go through, so as it stands right now, someone can use it on a char on its last row and kill it on purpose to add those 2 extra success... And that's even worse then just knowing the shock roll.

I had a question about this power. If you use it with the Stosstrupen with its command pack and have infernal sustenance equipped would you get wounded first and then be able to use the two extra successes, which will likely wound the opposing character at least once with an attack, to auto heal yourself? This would make it an extremely powerful combo as the Stoss would be rolling 6 dice and likely severely wound or kill an opponent with one hit and then heal itself back to full health. Good if you're the Reich, bad news bears if you just lost Sgt Brown! Let me know if my reasoning is flawed.

Thats the way I use them, also good combo with Eva with combat and the Elizabeth bathory token…