Couple of Questions

By Desa, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

1. Does a hero with fly have to pay 2 movement points to move into an elevated space (table, throne)?

2. Does anyone know anyplace that will custom make the descent dice? I found a place, but they charge $6.50 a die. Was wondering if there was anyplace cheaper.

Thanks

1. No

2. No, sorry.

Desa said:

2. Does anyone know anyplace that will custom make the descent dice? I found a place, but they charge $6.50 a die. Was wondering if there was anyplace cheaper.

You can get blank dice designed to have stickers placed on them from several hobby shops (and likely online stores if you don't have such a hobby shop nearby you), then you print out the Descent faces on sticker paper and stick them to the dice. It may not be pretty, but it will do the job at a reasonable price.

Or you could just make due with a single set of dice. Personally, our crew has never found the number of dice included with the game to be an issue.

http://www.thegamestore.com/Counting_Cubes_or_Blank_Dice_s/117.htm

Are very cheap blank 16mm dice available in all the Descent appropriate colors that I came across when I could find no reasonably priced Descent dice. Shipping was cheap for me (in the US) and they also have sticker sheets. Though I had to express ship them anyways and actually ended up paying more for shipping than I did for the dice lol.

Really though the only reason I wanted a second set was for a custom 8 player dungeon. As Steve says, a single set of dice doesn't really pose a problem for my group as long as they find their way back to the "common area" after being rolled. Asking everyone for the dice is a bit annoying.

Unless you're superstitious about someone else rubbing their bad luck off on your dice before you roll them. preocupado.gif

Thanks all for the replies. Just wanted a couple of dice to speed up gameplay. I'll try the blank dice.