Dice Blessing?

By dustin5, in Dark Heresy House Rules

Does anyone have a good prayer to the God Emperor to bless dice before a game? ;)

well i usually start off a gaming session by rolling my dice in one hand and then in the other to see if i roll lower in one hand or the other, surprisingly statistics say that my left hand rolls 30% lower than my right...but as for blessings, try google, i don't know of any but i am sure there's a whole website devoted to it somewhere, although i like to spout of whitty one liners as i roll my dice, depending on what it's for, i haven't rolled that horribly so i think it works...

oh and when in doubt use the litany of nuking from servants of the imperium:

for those not familiar with the use of the sacred atom it here it is:

OH MIGHTY MISSLE
FLY STRAIGHY AND TRUE
SEEK THE HEART OF OUR ENEMY
AND BEAR HIM THIS MESSAGE
EAT NUCLEAR FIRE AND DIE TRAITORS!

and then you roll the dice..

I had a gaming buddy who used a Sledgehammer to keep his dice in line.

He bring his dice out and and the Sledge, and bring a new dice or a dice who went bad, and use it as a target to remind the others why they should be working better

Angel of Death said:

He bring his dice out and and the Sledge, and bring a new dice or a dice who went bad, and use it as a target to remind the others why they should be working better

I see I am not the only one who knows a "Dice Commissar"

The really funny thing is on the occasions that a dice execution was performed my friend rolled much better for the remainder of the game session!! Clearly the machine spirits of the variable polyhedral statistical generatoria trembled with awe in the face of certain doom.

ZillaPrime said:

Angel of Death said:

I see I am not the only one who knows a "Dice Commissar"

The really funny thing is on the occasions that a dice execution was performed my friend rolled much better for the remainder of the game session!! Clearly the machine spirits of the variable polyhedral statistical generatoria trembled with awe in the face of certain doom.

This is a funny thread. My dice blessing doesn't seem to work. Probably because it goes something like "Oh bugger off, I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in luck!"

However it would appear that, much to my disgust, that the dice spirits don't seem to like that one very much.

My friend once threw a d5 out the window because it gave him "1" five times in a row (the last one when he tried to magicaly heal himself after the fight). It was funny at the moment but we've never found that dice afterwards.