First Post

By ColtsFan76, in Britannia

I guess I will be teh first to sound off in this forum. Anything new coming for Britannia?

What is this game abou? is it similar to RISK??

It has similarities ti risk, but if you like risk it isnot said that you will like britannia. First Britannia has exactly 4 player spots, it makes no sense to playit with less players and it cannot be played by more than 4 players (teaming up players to play as one not countes). Second thing to say about this game: You will be playing the history of Britannia, there is no breaking out. The game railroads you in the lines of history. You can win the game without winning the conflict on the board. Hope i hsowed the main differences between this game and risk. As last comment, it is a great game and a gateway to wargames!

I've played this many times with only three players and it's one of my fav. boardgames. It's playable with two players as well (in example, player nr.1 gets the red and blue team, and player 2 gets the green and green team.) I'm not sure it's like that, but in the rules there are rules for 2-4player games.

Recommended if you're after a high quality boardgame, that puts emphasis on historical accuracy.

Brit is NOT a conquest game, whereas Risk is definitely that. You can literally win the game with no pieces on the board at game end, though this would be quite unusual.

Lew Pulsipher (designer)

i am interested in this game and might pick this up for x-mas...