Anyone having experience with solo play?

By mr.thomasschmidt, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Hi.

I'm thinking of buying either WI:LCG, CoC:LCG of AGoT. The thing is I don't have anyone to play with. I have the LORTR:LCG and think it's great but I'd like to have one more. I don't know if I'll get Star Wars.

So is there anyone who has good experience/a good way to play W:I solo? I'd be most interested :)

Of cause I meant A Game of Thrones ;)

A Game of Thrones has no single player variant. There's an inofficial way to play it online via a software called OCTGN (a forum search will get you more info, in case you're interested), so you can play against players all over the world, but you don't need to buy the actual cards then. But if you're interested in playing with actual cards just by yourself, this is not a game for you.

Where are you located? Perhaps we can point you to a way to maybe find other players in your region.

Are you THE Thomas Schmidt from Munich by any chance, renowned player of CCGs? In that case, you have plenty of people to play AGoT with, and I recommend you hook up with us ASAP.

Then again, if you are, you probably know this, so I guess you're somebody else. ;)

Hehe...sorry...I'm not :) just another Thomas Schmidt from Denmark who lives in Norway :)

mr.thomasschmidt said:

Hehe...sorry...I'm not :) just another Thomas Schmidt from Denmark who lives in Norway :)

There's 3 registered people from Norway over at agotcards.org. Perhaps they are in your area or maybe they can at least point you to a forum or something where you can get in contact with people in your area.

The twists and turns, secret plots and responses to individual plays are so subtle and complicated in AGoT that it's very difficult to play it solo - unless you can take each side and play it without any influence from the cards you hold in your 'other' hand (which is pretty much impossible) then there's no real way of doing it 'properly'.

Solo play can be good to get to grips with the mechanics a little better without having that competitive edge, but it's not a solo game at all.