Cataclysm, Part 1 - 10 out of 60+ quests

By kerred, in Descent Home Brews

"How can you win a war that has already been lost?"

The battle has lasted for many generations, good versus evil, all races and regions uniting to thwart evil, only to fail. The surface world is overrun with terrible monsters and the undead, the only room left to survive is in the city sized catacombs. But why hasn't the Overlord just finished the remaining off? Why does the Overlord allow them to continue to fight and live? Why were the ancient relics legend claimed to defeat evil completely useless?

Secrets like these are not a priority to the beginning of your quest, which is simply to survive with nothing but your bare fists and your heroes by your side. But once a ray of hope is remotely possible, you begin to wonder, and with your small group of heroes, try to succeed where millions have failed.

Cataclysm is a campaign that gradually introduces players into every aspect of Descent.

Players keep their own personal stats through each quest, unlocking and purchasing something new with each player. Quests can take 1-2 hours each, each room or quest teaching a player a new gameplay mechanic, forcing them to master and understand each component before moving on to the next.

Download link is below on my Mediafire.

www.mediafire.com/

I have been working on this since Early 2010, and have introduced over 40 players to Descent in this manner, getting them hooked as early as possible. I hope you enjoy it :)

Interesting.

I will try this I think.

However, please fix the graphical errors with the campaign/hero sheet.

Okay, I am bad at graphics, which is why I included a simple black and white campaign sheet, so that may take a while :(

Is part 2 (and any other) on a different topic or has it not been post yet?

I'd be happy to host the download at the Descent Database .

Hey again, sorry for the delay but had forgotten my topic here :(

I will upload the newest version within the next week, which has quests 1-13 and quite a few changes to it.

And thanks for hosting, and I will get back to you when I am satisfied with it without making changes all the time. That and if 1st Ed is still popular after 2nd Ed is released.