Blockading Barracks Official Ruling?

By theboss2, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

The blockading rule is a little bit unclear as it applies to Barracks and although my search through the forums has shown that their seems to be unanymous agreement that when Barracks are blockade the player being blockaded looses his combat bonus for that building. However in the official rules its pretty specific about which items are in fact blockade and the combat barracks is omitted. It states quite clearly that blockes work against production, trade, culture,
coins, or resources. Those are all very specific things with clear definition and do not describe the combat bonus. According to some information in my search apperantly there is a FAQ that clarifies it but looking at the official FAQ i didn't find any mention of it at all.

Can anyone point me to the official source that clarifies this? Its kind of a sticky point in my group on which no one seems to be able to amicably agree on how the rule is. Some believe that you can't blockade a combat bonus because it represents a passive bonus that is given for building the building rather than a active bonus you get for controling it. They sight the example of getting a coin when you gain a great person or buy a technology. But it seems at least the community has accept the ruling for blockades to include Barracks combat bonus and Im just curious if this was an official ruling or if this was a matter of interpertation.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Browsing the rulebook I came upon this part from the "Glossary of Terms" on page 28:

Blockade : When a square in a city’s outskirts contains an enemy figure. The presence of the enemy figure prevents the use of that square by the city it is part of the outskirts of.

This together with the following official FAQ entry:

Q . Can scouts gather icons and/or resources from squares containing buildings or wonders?

A . Yes. If you have a scout in the outskirts of an enemy city on top of a building or wonder, then you both deny your opponent the icons and/or resources in that square, and may also send them home to one of your cities.

and an official answer that I myself got when sending in a rules query about scout gathering leads me to make the following summation:

"Any square in a city's outskirts occupied by an enemy army will give said citys owner 0 (zero) benefits. This includes any Trade, Production, Culture, Resources, Coins and/or Military Bonuses. If said square also/instead has a scout the owner of the scout would gain any and all of the benefits from the square with Military Bonuses being the only exception."

The Military Bonuses part I got from the official rules query answer. You CAN block the citys owner from getting the Military Bonus but you will not gain the Military Bonus yourself.

I think it would be more accurate to say "If said square also/instead has a scout the owner of the scout would gain any and all of the icons from the square (Military Bonuses are not icons)." The reason for this is that squares can also provide other benefits, such as wonder abilities, that are not gathered by scouts (but are blockaded).

Very true. "Any and all Icons" would be a better choice of words.