The GMs Kit, How good?

By Tunnelhckrat, in Black Crusade

Just wondering on the new gm kit, is it worth it? WHow good is the mission and whats it based on? What about the usual goodies in the back? and the screen itself?

The screen I must say is very sexy. Haven't read the adventure yet but it's pretty long and the goodies in the back is extremely minimal. 99% of the book is adventure with only like 3-4 pages of misc stuff at the end like setting up heretical campaigns, infamy/corruption alternate rules etc...

I'd say just for the screen itself it's worth it.

I suppose weapons values match from the book, unlike my deathwatch with faq update?

nethru said:

infamy/corruption alternate rules etc...

Can you elaborate on that plz ??

Additional Material:

Story Considerations

Group Dynamics

Base of Operations examples

Mechanical Considerations (This is where the Infamy/corruption stuff is)

Gives you some options to sacrifice Infamy, reverse sifts and afflictions, acquiring specific gifts or rewards, reducing corruption.

Cool thanx =D Now I'm thinking about getting it heh

They also go on to explain how to go on with an actual Black Crusade once someone hits the 140 Infamy mark as suggested in the core book, should they actually get that far. They seem to suggest borrowing some of the other material for this purpose, like Massed Combat from Deathwatch for example. Nifty idea, but I personally don't think I'd take part in anything like that. Not only would it take a long time to get to that point to start a real Black Crusade, but the actual crusade would take a long time to play out. Still, it's good for those who want to go that far.