Gears of War and 40k

By guest17211, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Hi

I been playing gears of war board game and love it. I have also been playing warhammer 40k kill team on the xbox 360. I like the way Gears on hand is a simply game and on the other it can hard to win a mission. And after play Space Marine on xbox 360 I was wondering if space marine 40k weapons and creatures could be made to work in the gears board game. I am not sure so I wanted to see what you all think.

You could definitely reskin the game to fit any modern/futuristic theme. You would just have to spend the enormous effort to create characters, enemies, weapons, missions, and then balance all of them.

Creating the cards/images would be a huge amount of work as well.

Not trying to discourage as I think it would be a cool project. The issue would be staying motivated over the life of the project and seeing it finished.

Please does anyone have any ideas?

That's funny, I'm thinking of doing the exact opposite thing (creating stats for GoW models, to use them in other skirmish miniatures games).

Well, for your project, if this is a cosmetic change you're aiming at, no need to make new stats for GW miniatures, roughly every GoW troop already has an equivalent there.

You could use Ork Boyz for drones, Nobz for Theron guards, Weirdboyz for Kantus, Big Bosses for Boomers, Squigs for Tickers (I even think there is an explosive kind) ... why not an C/C oriented KillerKan for the Berserker ?

Bomb squig, yeah.

Well, try to make it like a kill team with varying skills and abilities would be a good start. Like...Assault Marine can jump up and down different levels, ekstra focus on CC abilities. Maybe allow him to treat advance cards as charge cards?

Devestator gets bonus if shooting at range.

Tactical can carry more then 1 weapon (or, more then 2? reduce the amount of weapons characters can carry at least).

Lots of fun you could do if you want, but it'll also be alot of work.

Locust could easily work as both orks and nids, or even dark eldar.