Looking for players in Helsinki, Finland.

By Shangfu, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

Hi all! :)

I have been playing CoC LCG for about a year now with my brother, but i haven't been able to get anyone else interested about this game, so, i would love to meet new people to play with. There is/used to be a group here back in the CCG days that played regularly, but haven't heard anything about them for a long time. So, anyone here from Finland? :)

I myself have 3xBase Set, 2xSoA, 1xOfST and full set of AP:s, so if any new players from finland want an introduction to the game, i have plenty of cards for tutorials and also a huge pile of extra cards i don't need that i can donate off to new players :)

Decks i'm running atm:

Cthulhu/Agency: Efficient beaters and removal to get board control and rush for win.

Yog/Miskatonic: Control deck with the Skull/Museum combo.

Hastur/Shub: Character swarm with lots of little surprises to keep opponent on his toes.

Miskatonic/Order: Very fast small characters and support, haven't tested this one yet.

Hello :)

Not really from the HELLsinki, but from the Finland atleast ;D We have some little activity here in the Jyväskylä. I have played this game about half year now, not so much, but have tried to play as often as possible. And have also done some demo-activity here to my friends, so little bit we hopefully would have something community here to work with :)

I little bit hope, that we could have some kind of coordinator to Finland also and maybe some kind of tournament system also. Maybe in the Ropecon...

But good to see, that Im not alone in this place... ;D

Hi! :)

Yeah, definitely good to see that i'm not the only one here who plays Cthulhu. Would be great to get some kind of scene going on in here and have tournaments etc. I was at Ropecon this year and there apparently was some kind of Call Of Cthulhu activity there, but i found out about it too late to participate :/

But, nice to meet you anyway. If you're ever in Helsinki give me a shout and maybe we could go play couple of games and grab few beers while at it :)

Yep, definitely we have to have some kind of Finnish activity here, with all those other "dimension" partners from outside xD And it would really be nice to have tournament or something activity here, because its so sad that we totally here miss all those nice bonus materials =/

But hopefully some others wound find this nice game and would register here ;D

I was also in the Ropecon, but was only there to play Vampire at friday, but I looked the secual, and to me there was nothing big. But hope that this would come larger scale here, that next year it would be possible there ;)

Yeah, definitely! Too bad Helsinki is pretty much missing out on a place to play and arrange meetings. Fantasiapelit has a gaming area, but it is reserved only for official events like Friday Night Magic and tournaments etc. You can't just go in there to play casually. Lautapelit.fi has a small gaming area, but usually overcrowded with MTG players. MyGamestore also has tables to play, but does not sell Cthulhu stuff other than maybe the Core Set, so it's a bit inconvenient for beginner players as they can't buy the cards from there. Libraries and certain bars that allow gaming are of course always one option, but then the players would be separate from the gaming community which is detrimental to the games growth and public awareness.

Then again, if Jyväskylä has a place to play (isn't there Fantasiapelit store over there?), i could travel there for tournaments if there are going to be any :)

I wouldn't mind going from (northern) Sweden to Helsinki to play in a Cthulhu tournament since I haven't heard of one north of Stahleck.

I have heard some good stuff about Ropecon as well so even if it wasn't a big event it could be fun.

I think Ropecon is a pretty large event, but it seemed confusing as hell the first time i visited it. The place was like a maze, it was hard to figure out where stuff was happening and what to do next. Would propably be a better experience with a proper playgroup, so hopefully there is some CoC LCG stuff this year and we can all go there :D

Hello there.

Helsinki native here.

I´m thinking of getting my hands dirty with this game and it would be marvelous to have some regular action with it.

Haven´t yet bought any cards, but most likely by my first stuff this week(wednesday or friday).

Heya heya

One more player from Helsinki here. Just bought 2x Core set.

I'm part of a group of about four players in the Inkoo/Karjaa area, about an hour's drive from Helsinki. We play all sorts of board games, not just FFG (Arkham Horror, Battlestar Galactica), but also Small World, Illuminati, etc. But more players are desperately needed for some sort of semi-regular gaming evenings! :) So please let me know if anyone is interested, you can find us on Facebook, just search for Rasecon.

I should have found this thread earlier…

Two players right here. One from Espoo area, one an hour drive from Helsinki. We've been playing this game since we heard it turned to an LCG: http://iki.fi/~pyyhttu/cthulhu/

We've been itching to try the decks against other players' creations (at least I have) but really haven't found other players, let alone a play group. However, I plan to take a deck or two to Ropecon this year, so I hope to see some of you there.

And judging from the answers in this thread, we could even try to hold a tournament while there.

This is nice. We have around 5-6 active players in Helsinki area. We have usually played in a bar in city center (Kaisla). Lets try to join forces some place in future to have even bigger playgroup.

Are there still any active players in Helsinki? I'm getting into this game and it would be great to play with other people.