Lancer special ability + Charge and Bulletstorm

By Cr33z, in Gears of War: The Board Game

When performing Charge ( "... Perform 1 attack against a figure in your area with +1 attak dice ") order I decided to use Lancer special ability which states "Instead of attacking you may choose Locust in your area and roll 4 attack dice. ..." so can I roll 5 dice? I think I can't because this is not attack as it states "instead of attacking" what do You say?

Another question is: When I use my last ammo token from Mulcher to perform its overkill attack and I roll omen, can I use this weapon again despite of the fact that I have no ammo tokens on it (Bulletstorm states: "After this attack, you may attack a different Locust with this weapon. ..." )? I would say yes, because text on weapon card overwrites general rules. Moreover it has sense as this additional attack simulates other bullets from previous attack. What do You think?

Cr33z said:

When performing Charge ( "... Perform 1 attack against a figure in your area with +1 attak dice ") order I decided to use Lancer special ability which states "Instead of attacking you may choose Locust in your area and roll 4 attack dice. ..." so can I roll 5 dice? I think I can't because this is not attack as it states "instead of attacking" what do You say?

Another question is: When I use my last ammo token from Mulcher to perform its overkill attack and I roll omen, can I use this weapon again despite of the fact that I have no ammo tokens on it (Bulletstorm states: "After this attack, you may attack a different Locust with this weapon. ..." )? I would say yes, because text on weapon card overwrites general rules. Moreover it has sense as this additional attack simulates other bullets from previous attack. What do You think?

#1 is easy: "Abilities that allow the player to roll
additional attack dice do not work in
conjunction with this ability unless specified
(such as Marcus Fenix’s ability)." (p. 24)

#2: Mulcher is more ambivalent, but I'd say unless stated you can attack without ammo, you can't make the second attack if the first attacks uses up your last ammo. Mulcher is really a minigun, so shifting targets (simulated by the omen) doesn't help if you run out of ammo.

I believe you are right on both accounts. No extra die for Chainsaw attack/yes you are able to attack with Mulcher a second time.

first and foremost i'd like to say i don't want to sound rude but when it comes to weapons i don't see it makes sense that you can shoot when you're out of bullets.

said in another way: imagine this: you're standing in a heavy defensive position and suddenly you run out of ammo, at that point the enemy comes closer and finnish you off.

another thing: there is only one weapon that say you can attack with it without ammo (snub pistol). so no i don't belive that you can attack a second time without ammo no matter how much you whant to.

1) If you would like to make second attack an overkill you would have to spent ammo token. So IMHO without any ammo token on Mulcher you cannot attack.

2) "After this attack, you may attack a different Locust with this weapon. ...") - There is this card (don't remember it's name) which allows you perform 2 attacks - and you cannot fire weapon second time without bullets on it.

So in my opinion you cannot perform second attack with Mulcher without bullets :)

I agree with danyboy!