A question about some AI cards and rules

By Poganin, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Hello, everyone :)

First of all let me apologise in advance if my post is illegible; English is not my first language and this could have also caused some of my misunderstandings of the rules. I hope someone here can help me.

I played my first two games (Scattered and Hive) yesterday in a full 4-person squad but some of the AI cards were confusing to us and seemingly ambiguous. I will list the problematic cards and my questions:

Card 4/35 - it says that after spawning Locusts at the map exit each Locust A and each Locust B move towards the nearest COG. Does this pertain only to the newly-spawned Locusts or all A and B Locusts currently on the map?

Card 6/35 - this is the real killer that wiped us out in both games. Do I understand correctly that all Locusts on the map (as long as they are 5 or more areas away from the nearest COG) move forward and cluster on a single area? I guess that's what the name of the card implies but I would like to have it confirmed.

And a question about rules: can enemies move between map levels? Let's say one of the COGs explored the second map level, which spawns Locusts in that area. Can those Locusts then move into the first map level?

Thanks in advance. Any help will be appreciated :)

from what i can see all locust A and B move on 4/35 not just those spawned by that card. for 6/35 i'm almost certain that they assemble in one area. well for locust movement or just movement in general i can't find rules that say you cant move between levels

(spelling errors can happend)

Is #6 the one that moves all Locusts 5+ areas away so that they are now exactly 4 areas away? If so, that one tends to be pretty easy, annoying they get closer, but nothing too bad on its own. Firefight is the one I truly hate seeing. First gunners attack within 3 range and then everyone that didn't attack move 2 areas and attacks if in the same area??? Ouch!!! Hasn't helped that I've drawn this AI card twice the turn I've opened up lvl3 in China Shop, meaning the Berserker in range of two movement then attack, but also Wretches from the last level were in range as well.

Some of those AI cards can really mess the situation up royally. "Distraction", for example, was responsible for killing half our team on one map because we were out of ammo (I had one lancer token) but there were a couple of Hammerbursts and one Boomshot on the ground which would have replenished us for a moment. Then I drew "Distraction" and bam, lost my last ammo and all dropped weapons were removed from the map.

I have another question: What means "if able" on an AI card? One particular card mentions the attack on a COG NOT in cover "(if able)".

Does that mean if noone is outside of cover in that particular area that noone is attacked, or if there is noone outside of cover that the attack is directed at a COG IN cover?

IIRC, that's a Wretch AI card. Wretches move (toward nearest COG?) but if the nearest COG is in cover, the Wretches only move into his area, can't attack him. If able in this instance means if it can attack, but it can only attack COGs not in cover.