NEW Character Sheet by Gitzman

By Gitzman, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I'll post an Adobe Form Fillable (and savable) version of the sheet shortly, similar to what i've done with previous sheets.

Gitz

outstanding result !

where did you find the mini-dice pics ? did you draw them ?

Hurlanc said:

They're shopped. I can see from the pixels.

On a serious note though I think they are just plain old photos of the dices.

or maybe he cropped the dice pics from the very early news FFG published

Hurlanc said:

outstanding result !

(like Doc said) They are cut from a photograph of some dice and saved as a PNG with a transparent background. Then imported to the Illustrator file and given a drop shadow.

Gitz

well done!

Can't wait to see the second page!

Hopefully you find the time to do it soon!

;)

Gitzman said:

Doc, the Weasel said:

Good work. The actual image of the die is a nice touch.

You may consider making the stance die spaces circles, so that they are consistent with the symbols on the cards (8-siders are diamonds, 10-siders are circles).

What is the fortune die next to Rank in the upper right for?

Good ideas regarding teh Circles for Stance. I'll make those changes tonight too.

The fortune dice next to rank are part of the rules if i remember correctly. As you rank up, in certain situations you can utilize your rank (or fame) to influence some rolls. This was intended to be a reminder that your rank has some outside influences.

Gitzman

Brilliant work as always Gitzman. We're taking a break from WFRP while we play "Fall of the camarilla" campaign for requiem for Rome (vampire). Can't wait to begin the new campaign.

MadCaps a possibility... i'll wait to hear what you guys say. Page 2, on the distant horizon. Details when motivation sets in again. =)

Gitzman

Gitzman said:

Page 2, on the distant horizon. Details when motivation sets in again. =)

Gitzman

you know that by the rules of the internet that the moment you posted a second page was coming you are contractually obliged to provide this when the self entitled want it and it must meet their unspecified and disparate desires which they have to right to change post release.

Hahah i couldnt have put it better myself =)

Just ran across the new character sheet and I love it! I don't want to be one of those demanding Internet people, so I'll just say that I'm very appreciative of all that you (and so many others here) have done for the rest of us Third Edition players.

When (and if) you do release the other side of that character sheet, I'll be gratefully downloading it and using it in our weekly games straight away. I don't think you owe it to us in any sense, but hooray for whatever it is that motivates you create and share such awesome stuff! :)

+1

And as a 3rd edition noob, I cannot tell you how helpful it is to have the appropriate die color associated on the sheet with various characteristics/skills/etc. Great for learning game mechanics and kept me from asking "Which dice do I use?" about 100 times! happy.gif

I'm thrilled to hear its working out well for you guys! I've been approached to get this mystical 'page 2' underway for a while now, so i really should just get off my green butt and do it huh? I'm thinking after my stress pool settles down a bit and the holidays come to a close i'll hop back in and do some damage.

Thanks so much for the kind words, it means a lot to know you guys are using it and appriciative of the effort that goes into it.

Game on!

Gitz

One question: Why is there a white die at the Rank-area in the upper right hand corner. did I miss something?

If i recall correctly as you begin to rank up you can use your rank (which could also be considered 'fame' or 'influence') to help you in your rolls. This comes in the form of a white die per rank.

Generally this comes into play during social encounters or investigations, or even shopping where interaction with people is involved.

Gitzman

I've not been able to find mention of this rank die in the rules (though Sigmar knows it wouldn't be the first time I've been unable to find a plainly-worded rule), though Lure of Power mentions bonus dice (if I remember correctly) for Noble Rank. Can anyone provide a page number for the character Rank bonus?

Speaking of which, I'd like to suggest adding Shame on the character sheet to go along with Wounds and Corruption (my character is just about ready to make the jump to petty noble status, and I'm dying to try out the new social combat rules). :)

You know thats a good idea, i'll add "Shame" and "Noble Rank" to the sheet.

Regarding the rank rule, i will have to go back and check. I hope i didnt just make up the rule (lol). I'll check it out and get back to you guys tomorrow. Amy I the only one who knows this rule? If so, i must have made it up =(, too bad it sounded like it made sense.

Gitz

After buying all the stuff within a couple of weeks I suffer from a serious ruleoverkill so it's very likely I may have overread or forgot something. sorpresa.gif

Your explanation did make sense, actually I don't care it it's an official rule or not, I'm going to steal your idea and implement it. gran_risa.gif

But I do recall reading some rules concerning attitude of merchants toward a character and its effect on prices. It wasn't officially linked to rank or tier, though.

Do you mean the fortune die you get as an Advance? The one you add to a Characteristic?

No not that. Im starting to fear i made it up (lol). I have yet to go back to the books and try to find it so i'll make a point to do it tonight.

Gitzman

Gitzman said:

No not that. Im starting to fear i made it up (lol). I have yet to go back to the books and try to find it so i'll make a point to do it tonight.

Gitzman

I'm affraid you made it up :D

Your character sheet is great none the less. With a few added features from the expansions it would without a doubt be THE character sheet for WFRP. :)

Thank you! That is very kind to say. I'm looking forward to making the updates soon. I guess i'll have some new real estate on the sheet once i remove my made up rules haha. Room for noble rank perhaps?

Gitzman

P.S. In typical fashion, i brought my rulebook in today to look through it and find my made up rules.

Noble Rank would be a fantastic addition. Thanks for all your work, Gitzman! :)

Love most of your stuff (specially the podcasts) and this looks good, one thing gran_risa.gif could you make the specality line go be hind the skills somehow, I find my player constantly forget about them if they are not in the same line as the skill.