Suggested changes for the forum (For Staff and Users)

By possumman, in Support

to user " hollis "

in the last analysis from your opinion I agree though I have got to pair reservation...

Contacting Non-Friends isnt problem because, I alone taken advantage of this possibility and addressed 3 peoples with which are interesting for me to type (thus not because earn points). I see problem in obtaining points for firends or friendship - and this is main problem! I hope that "PM, e-mail, www..." (as it was in old forum) will be integrated in the future. Exist some kind of ignorance between visitors on forum (old too) and maybe this should it repair, Oh god but not for points ( dont be like a Judas ). ..... is good if I can exchange experiences from game playing all over the world or through screen meets new peoples.

Points and bad adjusting Point system are responsible for abusurd creation new topics. Vote system is Good solution, this dissociating constructive writers since as other (creator of any new Topic must reach forex 100 points which he then could spend/exchange for creation of Topic). Weak place of vote I see in that, from my own experiences .... group members automaticaly vote for each (even non-constructive, redundant, or by content same) post their member.

... thanx hollis for his post (that can I extend gui%C3%B1o.gif )

P.S. vote system RULEZ

For me, it's all about simpler / faster navigation on the forums:

• Faster load times (or at least the option to turn off part of the heavier elements if necessary)
  • Smaller windows for each post and more contrasting colors for text and background
  • The possibility to see the name/time of the last topic and post from the Thread list
  • Feed subscription available for each forum thread
  • A customizable list of our favorite forum threads for quick access
  • etc.

I really don't mind the additionnal features and the "social community" look, in fact I really enjoy it and I'd like to see it evolve even more, but the priority, in my opinion, should be the forums for now.

On the other hand, I'd like to see an general statement from FFG about this, more specifically about how much control they have over the design of these forums, their functionalities, etc. For example, the fact that this seems to be the same model as the forums for the Spanish company Edge Entertainment would indicate that this model is fixed (thanks to Peibolvig who posted about this in another forum thread).

Unless I missed it, I am a bit concerend about the lack of FFG officials popping in and giving us some status updates. But I am getting to the point this slowness has been going on too long to make it worthwhile to check in.

Unfortunately, there are some threads worth saving on teh other forum bu if they are to become static objects here - with no editing - what's the point? They really need to extend the life of the old posts until they get everything working here.

Oh, another feature there isn't/I can't find:

• The ability to add Polls to a thread.

Has anyone from FFG read this thread?

I agree "Pools" was very good. Because they bid feedback and Easy 'n Quick informations. I'll only invite their comeback too.

Has anyone from FFG read this thread? It's not to say we're demanding all these changes happen now, but it'd be nice to have the acknowledgement of our input to trying making the forum better.

OK PMs are essential. This function needs adding in asap.

Here's why.

I want my 'friends' list to reflect those forumites i've have good, positive, and prolongued discusiion and contact with on the boards.

Personally i'm getting lots of firend requests each day that i'm turning down (sorry guys - if you're one of them it's nothing personal).

Currently, the only response i can give is an automated 'i don't think so', which to me seems very rude.

With a PM function i could contact the user and explain why i'm turning down the request at the moment...

sad.gif