so is this a spead up version of arkham horror or is this a truley stand by itself game

By wewingtonheetanicus, in Elder Sign

i know im thinking of buying this but i was curious if it does stand on its own 2 feet or if its just a faster way for me to get my ah fix

Because I am terminally lazy, I am going to copy my response from another thread: I've only played it once, but it was a blast. It's rather shorter than Arkham and much simpler, and there's also a lot less theme. But what theme there is is very cool, and the gameplay is quite fun. Essentially, the strategy revolves around calculating odds; that is, deciding which of the six adventures you think you can go up against and whether you should send any resources to do so. It's also very appealing on a tactile level. It's quite satisfying to place the dice on the icons as you complete tasks, and the clock was a fantastic idea. It's definitely not as good as Arkham, and itt's definitely nowhere near as deep an experience as Arkham, but it's still fun. Given the choice, I would probably choose it over Arkham for solo play, mostly because Arkham is such a time committment.

mechanics and gameplay are totally different to arkham as are the winning tactics needed.

Its no where as deep as AH, but then again, ES doesn't have any expansions (yet....)