Newb with a question, just one so far....

By zook, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey, got myself descent at the start of the year and only now playing it. Boy do i wish i had started sooner. it is amazing. Right new fan boy gush over.

What i want to ask is do the heroes fully heal when they port to the town?

I have looked and can't see an answer to this but i might just be blind. If anyone could help that would be great.

zook said:

Hey, got myself descent at the start of the year and only now playing it. Boy do i wish i had started sooner. it is amazing. Right new fan boy gush over.

What i want to ask is do the heroes fully heal when they port to the town?

I have looked and can't see an answer to this but i might just be blind. If anyone could help that would be great.

Nope.

They don't heal at all by going to town, let alone fully. They heal when they die (and reappear in town), or 3 wounds worth when they drink a healing potion.

Corbon said:

zook said:

They heal when they die (and reappear in town), or 3 wounds worth when they drink a healing potion.

I remember this beeing an absolute braintwister when i played descent for the first time.
a """action rpg""" without full regen - omg sorpresa.gif

demonio.gif

Thanks for the replies guys. Playing again this friday and i have quite a few corrections to how we have been playing. Love this game though!

Yeah the heroes can fall behind easily from damage because of the cost, and the fact they can only drink 1 potion per turn.

Just the other night we ran Quest 4: Spoiled Brat, and my heroes had some poor luck. They had a decent draw (we play draw 8 pick 4, to avoid random hero draws screwing them over from the start, allowing them to at least hopefully build a balanced team) ending up with Trenloe, Grey Kerr, Andira, and Zyla. Their skill draws were pretty good as well. Bardic Lore was one of them on Andira, which I felt was going to be troublesome with two copper chests in the first room.

However my overlord draw included Danger, and a Crushing Block, so I managed to prevent Zyla from getting both chests, Then the heroes got incredibly unlucky on their rolls and failed to clean up the room of monsters much. The damage, and poison from the spiders put them so far behind cost-wise that they conceded the match by the third turn.

While you want to make the most of your attacks as OL and get kills, damage does matter early on when the heroes haven't drawn any kind of healing items from the treasure decks, and haven't scraped enough money together to afford a lot of healing potions.