Expansions possible?

By Darthvegeta800, in Gears of War: The Board Game

I'm not very familiar with the gameseries but how like is an expansion for this game given the game lore and characters the series had?
Are there more 'cogs' in the games? And other enemies to use?

Yeah, there are some more really cool Cogs and Locust just from the first two parts of the game.Check this: gearsofwar.wiki.com/wiki/Gears_of_War_Wiki. Third game will bring some more I think.

I hope there will be an expansion in some time because 7 scenarios are not that much.

Im Guessing the 1st Expansions will be POD's as they have done for mansions of madness. Basically you will get new mission cards, setup cards (using the exsisting board pieces) equipment cards new additional Locust General and COG cards to add to the ones you get in the game already. Basically if it needs extras that can fit into the POD format they will be there.

Possibly down the line they may also consider adopting the Tanhauser tac of single/multiple figures cogs or locust in a small box with equipment etc.

I guess its a wait and see :)

Expansions? Let's put it this way...if the game sells well enough for FFG to decide to do an expansion it would be a travesty if they didn't give us Gears of War 2 material...the new weapons, lambent & COGs. I mean, it's such a natural way to expand the game...especially since(even though I love the boardgame) it is already a little dated with just having Gears of 2 locales, heroes, enemies & hardware.

Oops...I meant to say "give us Gears of War 3 material"

i was also thinkin completely new scernarios wit completely new gears that were doing things while delta squad was doin there thing wit epics consent of course so as delta was planting the bomb say these guys were providing a distraction and give us brand new characters just food for thought

Sure, plenty of other cogs to choose from - Anya, Carmine, Col Hoffman, Dizzy (please add Dizzy!), Sam, Jace

Also plenty of new locust could be added - snipers and grenadiers. For 'C' level guys they could give us flame boomers, and for bosses we need a Grinder mini and definitely an armored kantus mini and card. If they expand into the Gears 3 locust we could get gunkers, drudges, formers and even the lambent berserker!

The one thing I want more than anything though is a silverback mini (probably along with a 'silverback bay' map tile).

yeah i really hope they come out with something soon i've enough people play and purchase this game to say its not popular enough and they gave the game plenty of leway to be open for expansion. but i see new locust, cog, cards,weapons, maybe a lil boost to the system and new tile sets that can be combined to mesh with the original game.

I really hope they will make expansions too, we have been playing a lot and it's really fun and fast paced game.

They have lots of COG's Locust and missions to make from the other 2 GoW.

What could be really cool as a big expansion if they introduce vehicles and "road" maps to link areas of the game, with new drive/gunner rules .

Mcmanus said:

I really hope they will make expansions too, we have been playing a lot and it's really fun and fast paced game.

They have lots of COG's Locust and missions to make from the other 2 GoW.

What could be really cool as a big expansion if they introduce vehicles and "road" maps to link areas of the game, with new drive/gunner rules .

yes that would really awesome that would mesh with this mission I created where the cog go to reclaim a missing armadillo in a corpsers nest. those rules could make for a second act for this scenario.