Dust warfare and tactics

By Zso Sahaal, in Dust Warfare

what's the difference?

Warefare = Tabletop game

Tactics = Board game

Wow Gian that helped a lot for this guy. Then whats the different between Dust, Dust Tactics, and Dust Warfare. Board Game, Board Game and Tabletop Game lol. Dust Tactics is a smaller scale tile based tabletop game using grids while Dust Warfare is like warhammer where there is no grid and its based on inches for movement and range. Really you have to buy the Dust Tactics stuff to play Dust Warfare so the only different is the table it is played on and a rulebook.

ok so Dust is the Axis and Allies variant, Dust Tactics, is a grid based, almost battletech like variant, and Dust Warfare is a Warhammer 40k esque miniatures game using the same minis as Tactics?

yea pretty much except whole units go on a single tile fits a squad hero or walker for tactics not a single model battletech.

Dust Warfare is a more advanced version of Dust Tactics with more detailed rules and open movement. Dust tactics is a nice simple to learn game that uses a grid for movement but is still very tactical without all the extra rule complications. Dust Tactics can be played on a tabletop with the same 3D terrain as the wargame Dust Warfare can, just with a grid. Both systems use the same game cards and basic rules.

Dust Warfare you have to mess around with tape measures, bumping terrain, peering through 3-D terrain to see if you can see something of your target.

Dust Tactics give everyone clear movement distances, range distance, the terrain is easily marked and LOS is easy to determine.

Algesan said:

Dust Warfare you have to mess around with tape measures, bumping terrain, peering through 3-D terrain to see if you can see something of your target.

Dust Tactics give everyone clear movement distances, range distance, the terrain is easily marked and LOS is easy to determine.

When you put it like this, it makes Dust Warfare even more appealing. Bring it on!

Just whatever you do, dont build a cathedral for your Warfare game table!!

There's already ONE game trying to spear your eye-ball with "gothic" architecture while trying to figure out line-of-sight!!!

Major Headcase said:

There's already ONE game trying to spear your eye-ball with "gothic" architecture while trying to figure out line-of-sight!!!

ROFLMAO! Oh my... what if the historical city I am building requires one?

Gobbo said:

Major Headcase said:

ROFLMAO! Oh my... what if the historical city I am building requires one?

........ Stock up on eye patches!

Major Headcase said:

+1

You beat me to that line, since after all, a lot of action has been in Europe...