MORE THAN 4 WEAPONS?

By samruiz123, in Gears of War: The Board Game

I am still waiting for my game to arrive. I have been reading up on the rules and noticed that all but baird can carry 4 weapons (baird can carry 5 weapon cards)...my question is (for those who have the game now and have played it): is there any one card in the Order Card deck that allows a player to gain an extra 5th weapon card for the remainder of the game? or marcus, cole and dom get stuck with 4 weapons the whole game? thanks for the replies!

No, its the special power of that character.

No, its the special power of that character.

THANKS for the answer!

samruiz123 said:

I am still waiting for my game to arrive. I have been reading up on the rules and noticed that all but baird can carry 4 weapons (baird can carry 5 weapon cards)...my question is (for those who have the game now and have played it): is there any one card in the Order Card deck that allows a player to gain an extra 5th weapon card for the remainder of the game? or marcus, cole and dom get stuck with 4 weapons the whole game? thanks for the replies!

We've found that four weapons (three and the grenade) are usually more than sufficient.

Another thing to remember is that (I believe) any of the COGs can discard weapons. So if you're not happy with your weapon mix, discard one and play the order card that allows drawing from the weapon deck.

underling said:

Another thing to remember is that (I believe) any of the COGs can discard weapons. So if you're not happy with your weapon mix, discard one and play the order card that allows drawing from the weapon deck.

*cough*Snub Pistol*cough*

Dam said:

underling said:

*cough*Snub Pistol*cough*

I hear ya... :D

But we should probably show it a *little* respect.

After all, it's range 3 (if I'm remembering correctly), and you don't need ammo to use it.

underling said:

I hear ya... :D

But we should probably show it a *little* respect.

After all, it's range 3 (if I'm remembering correctly), and you don't need ammo to use it.

Only thing a 1-die attack is good for is wounded Drones and Wretches not in cover (since for overkill you still need ammo, right?). Even then, you probably have a Lancer for regular 2-die attack available. Hammerburst is currently rocking up my fav weapons chart, 3 range and omen dealing 2 dmg (even if only want to roll one omen).