where is everything?

By tamsyn, in Arkham Horror League

I am probably being daft but where is the league page now? this new look is very confusing.

You should find most of the League stuff here !

cheers dear.

I love how my team is the only one to have submitted all 7 results. we look like saddos with no life!

haven't done 8 or 9 yet though and some of our scores need a bit of improving!

Nice to see all the links are working -- Friday night was a mess, and even last night I couldn't get Scenario 9 to load. The new website sure is pretty, but I miss the ease of finding stuff on the old site. However, I know I wil get used to this one -- eventually -- and, like I said, it sure looks impressive.

Plus, it looks like I', going to have to email our S7 results again. I know I sent them, now I just have to find them.

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the community and saw the league. We would like to join, but the link to the general rules is not pointing anywhere. Does this mean, that we are too late and the league is closed? Or this is just a link that was lost during "the great moving"?

By the way I like the new design.

JerusalemJones said:

Nice to see all the links are working

They are? Not for me. I see a list on the page: Scenario 1, Scenario 2, etc, but it's just plain text. nothing is a link. It's like this both when I load the page in Firefox 3 and IE6.

Lecho said:

I'm new to the community and saw the league. We would like to join, but the link to the general rules is not pointing anywhere. Does this mean, that we are too late and the league is closed? Or this is just a link that was lost during "the great moving"?

No, you can still join the League! Try any Scenario and submit your scores. If you haven't done that already, read the League FAQ in this forum. It seems that the link to the Guidelines on the AH website, in the Community section, is not working. I'm not sure what it should lead to, it's probably stuff that is now covered in the FAQ.

A few things I had to look for elsewhere:

• scores are evaluated according to the basic rulebook for the game, on page 12
  • send completed forms to [email protected]

I found a PDF I had stored of the old League page, here's what was on it, it may give you a quick overview of how it works (but the FAQ should be a mandatory reading):

"Over this summer the city of Arkham is going to be crawling with monsters, mayhem, and magic! It is up to you and your team of investigators to combat the forces of the Great Old Ones as they try to devour our reality. Gather your forces and compete against other teams across the world, as you take on ten scenarios each harder than the last. Every two weeks a new scenario will be posted, and teams will scramble to beat the Ancient One quickly and efficiently. The following guidelines will tell you what you need to battle these foes.
Guidelines

• A team can consist of 2-8 investigators.
  • All players can choose which investigator they would like to be.
  • A player may not change investigators unless they are devoured during a game.
  • Each scenario may be played multiple times, but a League Results form must be filled out after every time, and only the best result will be used.
  • The first and second scenarios will be from the base game. Scenarios 3 and 4 will include elements from the Dunwich Horror. Scenarios 5 and 6 will include elements from The King in Yellow. Scenarios 7 and 8 will include elements from The Curse of the Dark Pharaoh and Kingsport. The final two scenarios will include elements from all the sets.
  • Results will be posted and updated right here, on the Arkham Horror website.
  • All forms need to be e-mailed to JR Godwin."

fnord3125 said:

They are? Not for me. I see a list on the page: Scenario 1, Scenario 2, etc, but it's just plain text. nothing is a link. It's like this both when I load the page in Firefox 3 and IE6.

That's weird. I just checked again, all of the Scenario links lead me to direct downloads of the corresponding PDFs. A few other links are problematic however. I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 on MAC OSX 10.4.

Had the same problem, loging in (fantasy flight account on top) helped a lot. ;)

Yeah, it's working for me now. I don't know if it's because I have an account I'm logged into now, or something else. I hope it's not the account. I only made one so that I could ask about this, and I'm sure there are other people out there who were participating in the league that don't have forum accounts.

Thamks for the answer I'll post our achievements as soon as we'll have any. happy.gif

I created an account here so that I could do something (I forget what right now), and after that the league links worked. Maybe it's a coincidence and I had a similar timeframe to fnord3125, but my bet is that having an account and being logged in turns the scenario texts into links to the PDFs.

Actually... OK, I was going to try that page in a different browser, where I'm not logged in, but I can't find that page anymore.

And now I can't find where to download the PDFs for scenarios 7-9. Great. serio.gif

Arborshate said:

I created an account here so that I could do something (I forget what right now), and after that the league links worked. Maybe it's a coincidence and I had a similar timeframe to fnord3125, but my bet is that having an account and being logged in turns the scenario texts into links to the PDFs.

Arborshate said:

And now I can't find where to download the PDFs for scenarios 7-9. Great. serio.gif

Well, they're here (as mentioned further above in this thread).

Umm, how do I post URL's here?! What kind of weird ASP-based forum software is this anyway? enfadado.gif

Well, jhaelen's quote thing seems messed up, but I just checked in another browser where I'm not logged in, and those links are indeed not links over there there, even though they are over there here. Yeah. So, apparantly, we have to be logged in to see the scenarios, which would be a good thing to display somewhere where not-logged-in people can see it.

If you go to the Arkham Horror Support page, to view scenarios and such, and are not logged in, the scenarios will be displayed as text instead of links, and the following message will appear at the top of the page:

You need to be a member of the Fantasy Flight Games Community to download utilities.

• If you are already a member and want to download Utilities, just Log on .
  • If you are not yet a member, you can register yourself to be able to download Utilities, besides enjoying these other advantages .

If you are already logged on, the links will be available, and the message will not appear at the top of the page.

Arborshate said:

Well, jhaelen's quote thing seems messed up

Ah, well, no point to get overly excited about it, new boards always take a while before they're working properly...

I just wished, they didn't have such an ambitious timeline for shutting down the old forum... sad.gif

Hi,

We started to play the league scenarions today (the first two played, two sealing victories ). I hope it's not too late to join. As far as I can remember, there was a form for sending the results. Can I get it somewhere? Thanks!