Dar Hilzernod Miniature question?

By danman71, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Is this Horn on this supposed to be attached, or are you supposed to glue it on? I was wondering if I obtained a broken copy since it is loose?

The horn was loose on my model as well. I "pinned" the horn on with glue using a pin vice and a short piece of small wire. I have not had any problems with the horn falling off. I hope this helps.

Dan Howell

rdh174 said:

The horn was loose on my model as well. I "pinned" the horn on with glue using a pin vice and a short piece of small wire. I have not had any problems with the horn falling off. I hope this helps.

Dan Howell

Yes thanks. I was hoping to avoid the pin vise type assembly. Any suggested glue?

danman71 said:

Yes thanks. I was hoping to avoid the pin vise type assembly. Any suggested glue?

I've never seen a Dal Hilznernod figure with the horn attached, so I'm reasonably certain it's not that yours got broken. They're all like that.

As far as glues go, anything in the "krazy glue" style should work. I'd recommend staying away from GW glue (since I'm convinced they design the bottles so that glue will get stuck in the neck and seal it shut) but if you look for similar things in say, a hardware store, you should be able to find a bottle that works (and lasts.) As long as it says it works on metal, it should be fine.

danman71 said:

Is this Horn on this supposed to be attached, or are you supposed to glue it on? I was wondering if I obtained a broken copy since it is loose?

Add me to the list of people who received Dar Hilzernod with the horn unattached. I also thought I must have obtained a broken copy (via mail order) since it seemed odd to have to attach such a small piece--but every copy I've ever seen in the store likewise has the horn unattached.