ARE ANY EXPANSIONS PLANNED?

By Bookwizard, in Middle-earth Quest

I would like to know if any expansions to this great game are planned. After the 2nd "Hobbit" movie comes out, with the period in the game covered, it would seem that an expansion would be ripe.

However, for now how about some additional heros (perhaps even a hobbit), monsters, quests, shadow cards, trechery cards, etc.

I look forward to such an expansion.

Bookwizard

Not since this topic was last discussed on Aug. 20th. You'll find it on the second page of this fourm

Gears of War was three years in the making...and Twilight Imperium went a couple of years before it got an expansion. It's always possible, but nothing has been talked about yet.

Doc Belmont said:

Gears of War was three years in the making...and Twilight Imperium went a couple of years before it got an expansion. It's always possible, but nothing has been talked about yet.

Chaos in the Old World got an expansion this year and it came out same year as MEQ, but earlier. Then again, Runewars already has an expansion and came out later than MEQ, and an expansion was announced for Mansions of Madness (to go with 2 POD expansions already) and it only came out this year. Not looking at all promising for MEQ I'm afraid llorando.gif .

enfadado.gif

Me wants!!

this is my all time favorite game for three players. I would love to see an expansion for it at some point. Oh...FFG...I still have not recieved the replacement pieces for the broken ones that came with the original gbame. I would love it if you guys would take care of that. Thanks!

I would also like to add my voice to the call for an expansion - this is the best game I've ever played.

Also lends a voice to this worthy cause!

I would love an expansion to this hugely fun game!

Does FFG read these forums, or are there any better ways communication our wishes for an expansion to them?

Doc9 said:

this is my all time favorite game for three players. I would love to see an expansion for it at some point. Oh...FFG...I still have not recieved the replacement pieces for the broken ones that came with the original gbame. I would love it if you guys would take care of that. Thanks!

Hiyas!

Did you contact them via the User Support button at the bottom of the page? I got mine replaced 3 times, for free!

HtH

L

Yes, it would be great with an expansion. Unfortunately there was no announcements on GenCon to that effect.

New heroes and more enemies would enhance the combat part of the game as the board would get more crowded.

Also, it would be great if the game could go on for a bit longer and leave more time for combat and missions.

Jacob5432 said:

Also, it would be great if the game could go on for a bit longer and leave more time for combat and missions.

People already tend to whine that MEQ takes 3 hours and that's too long. Personally, I always know going in, it'll most likely be a 10 turn game, so got to keep that in mind, don't plan for three turns ahead anymore when you're on turn 9.

Always sad when a fabulous game just doesn't sell enough copies to warrant an expansion, make no bones about it if MEQ sales had been a little higher an expnasion would have been made.