Tannhauser Random Event Card Deck.

By Miah999, in Tannhauser

These look like great fun .... and are in keeping with a game that boasts 'Eldritch Horror'

I'll be trying them as soon as I can :)

-Nhoj

aplauso.gif It should be very fun to play, I like this card deck! aplauso.gif But if you draw a card before each activation, all tactis will be too weak under the weight of randomness... it should be an arkham horror style-like, a mad game: I think it's fun sometimes, but not for all Tannhauser matches.

mmm... I'm thinking.... mmm....

...if you try to roll a die before all new turn... mmm... ok, I'm loading gran_risa.gif ...

Well, maybe I'm here. The players assign a pair of sequential numbers to their characters at the beginning of the game:

After each initiative roll (and after all declared overwatches if there are), each player rolls a die (that selects a character), the palyer must pick a card before activating that character during that turn. The player can choose to not draw any card, but the character selected looses his activation.

If the selected character is dead yet, the player doesn't pick any card for that turn.

So who has more characters in game, he is more probably subject to chaotic events.

I.E. Player 1) Hermann 1/2, Eva 3/4, Ozo 5/6, Shocktr. 7/8, Stosstr. 9/0

Player 2) John 1/2, Brown 3/4, Tala 5/6, Alpha 7/8, Dalta 9/0

Pl.1) rolls 8, so he will pick a card before activating Shocktruppen during this turn.

Pl.2) rolls 4, he will draw a card before activating Brown.

...is it too complicated? I don't konw, but I hope you like the idea.

Why the randomness about when in your turn adding 1 more dice roll? Why not both draw at the initiative step and thats the event for the turn, or maybe even draw just 1 and its the event for both?

Otar said:

Why the randomness about when in your turn adding 1 more dice roll? Why not both draw at the initiative step and thats the event for the turn, or maybe even draw just 1 and its the event for both?

I'm not sure to understand what you said (my English is not so good), so I'm sorry if the answer isn't pertaining.

Who is the object of effect If you draw at the initiative step? A lot of cards descibe effect for one character, in addiction you haven't yet set up the overwatch(s), because of that I think you need another die roll.

You choose who to activate and the effect goes for the first char you activate. That way you can minimize the damage from the event and maximize the bonuses, so more tactics and less rolls. You might have to activate someone who you didnt want to activate first in order to make the event good for you, but that might not be the best activation order, so more decisions for the player.

We've played two games using these fo fun, and we found the best time to draw the card is when an Action is declared, so no action no card. This allows for some stratagy as most movement and overwatch are not effected. Most of the cards have been written with this in mind. So they are geared towards being drawn after you move, but before you preform an action.

Also they really arn't intended to be used all the time, just when you really want a crazy change of pace, or within the confines of scenarios written to use them. I'm working on a short campaign that will use these, but it will be a while before it's done.

Thank everyone.

thanks for these! really appreciate your contributions :)

just gave me the idea that map-specific event cards would be awesome too - would be a good way to introduce 'darkness', where movement is handicapped except for characters with Sneak ability and shooting is handicapped except for MacNeal & Ramirez. Or using the mechanic in Adventurers: pyramid where rubble tokens are placed randomly on circles/paths as result of Castle Ksiaz being bombed...just ideas

Those are some good ideas.

Thanks

As an Event deck, I'd would rather have a card drawn after the Initiative Roll and make it apply to all players for the duration of the Turn. We could have generic events and more map-specific event cards to change the odds depending on the map played.

The player who would draw the card could be the one who lost the Initiative Roll: he'd draw two cards, choose one and discard the other. When the deck runs out of cards, you'd just shuffle it.