Speeding up spods, minions, goons, mooks et al

By Face Eater, in Dark Heresy House Rules

Now I've thought about this but I haven't tested it or really finalised anything.

I've couldn't help notice that all but 2 stats have a stat bonus, well i was thinking, that for mooks we just use the stat bonus and a D10 only system.

They obviously aren't same percentages, we loose up to 9 points rounding down. Degrees of success and failures are taken in 1's. 1's always a success, 10 is always a failure. Every +/- 10 bonus/penalty is a +/-1 bonus penalty.

If you want jams etc then 50% of 10's are jams (6+ on second d10, just a 9 for reliable weapons).

They still have all the stats for opposed tests. Best thing is group can all fire at the same time, can all test to dodge, toughness, or agility against flamers at the same time.

Not looked at the hit diagram, that might be a issue to resolve.

Best thing to speed up combat with minions is not going onto the crit tables with them, and instead letting them be "dead" when they go into negative wounds. Reserving the use of the crit-tables for underbosses and higher ups.

Creatures Anathema suggests various mook rules. Ignore the Critical table is the simplest. There is also treating all mooks as having two wounds, but they only take 1 wound unless they take 10 or more damage when they loose 2, and as soon as they take criticals they go strait to -8 (or worse if the actual dice roll would suggest worse).

i tried it for a little bit works in most areas but fails in some. but it means for minimook leaders you cant just up WS and BS by 5

best thing for hit location is a d8

head 1

LA2

RA3

Body 4,5,6

LL7

RL8

this reduces the chance on the legs by a bit from 15% each to 12.5% each but increase head and arms to 12.5% from 10 body goes from 40% to 37.5%

an d8 is just nicer than a d10 as you dont need to split the legs

Nice to see someone's had a chance to try it out, i've still not got to play as a DH GM again.

I like the d8 hit location, i've got a lot of weirdly shaped dice to use and it's fun, easily done with a d10 for those that don't.

I didn't really think about the 'sergent' type npc's. I've used those a lot in the past myself. It's seems that these are going to need a full stat line, but you cna still save the time by grouping the rest of 'squad' up. Which is fine as you'd want to roll the 'sergs' attack seperately anyway.