Fan-supplement: Cult of the Possessed

By doc_cthulhu, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

For those of you that do not follow my "The Daily Empire Thread" (shame on you) I was advice to present this on a topic of its own:

ETUSIVUmalalSMALL.jpg

I've created a new fan-supplement for Warhammer detailing a renegade chaos god. You can download and read more from it HERE .

All comments are more than welcome.

Good stuff. The possessed really can throw in a wrench into the metaknowledge that players tend to have about this game. "If it's not the blood god, it's not the purple one, it's not disease, and not tzeentch, WHO COULD IT POSSIBLY BE GM? Tell me that I might use my metagaming knowledge!"

demonio.gif

> :)

jh

Great to see this "hit the presses" and its kind of fun to see my name in the credits! The PDF looks great.

I can't wait to use this in my Mordheim set WFRP games... of course my players have to get to the City of the Damned first... alive... or not...

Emirikol said:

Good stuff. The possessed really can throw in a wrench into the metaknowledge that players tend to have about this game. "If it's not the blood god, it's not the purple one, it's not disease, and not tzeentch, WHO COULD IT POSSIBLY BE GM? Tell me that I might use my metagaming knowledge!"

> :)

jh

This is always the problem with too famous chaos gods. It's like "Nyarlothotep Masks" all over again. :)

I already entertained an idea of Nurgle/Slaanesh cult and extending the Blasphemous Cults as a "special edition" of Liber Fanatica... :D

But I THINK I should work for the next issue of LF before that. ^_^

JasonRR said:

Great to see this "hit the presses" and its kind of fun to see my name in the credits! The PDF looks great.

I can't wait to use this in my Mordheim set WFRP games... of course my players have to get to the City of the Damned first... alive... or not...

It was good to have your input on the project! Thanks for that. I already decided to add links to the file when you get your project up and running. I've always liked Mordheim really REALLY much and we tried to start playing it again (with Coreheim rules) but haven't found the time. It's just a ripe setting waiting to be utilized for rpg.

Great job, Doc!

I find the Cult of the Possessed a very inspiring piece of work and whilel reading it I found myself thinking of several interesting ways to incorporate it in my current campaign.

Also, the PDF looks great. I have always been intrigued by Mordheim and that is another reason I found this such an interesting read.

Like Emirikol stated above, the Cult of the Possessed really serves well as an alternative to the Purple Hands and Red Crowns players are used to, and as a little known renegade god it can really throw of more experienced players as well. I can easily see it used to make the players (especially Witch Hunters, Priests, and Wizards) ponder such questions as Is the enemy of my enemy really my friend? or Is it okay to fight fire with fire, to turn the weapons of the enemy against itself? etc.

I am already thinking about having my players make a stop at a Shallyan hospice where patients whisper of strange things lurking in their minds shadow...

Great to hear that you've liked it. I would very much like to hear if/when you use it and how.

I've some new work coming too and one of them actually is a monastery that had to take in a lot of insane people after the fall of Frederheim (which I believe was due Great Four's influence against Malal). I've no idea when it will be finished though as the second part of Master of Shadows campaign for Liber Fanatica is hoarding my WFRP-writing-time.

A little pump in an old thread. Has somebody used this?

Your link takes me to the Daily Empire… but I can't find the supplement to download! Do you have a link to the actual page?

Angelic Despot said:

Your link takes me to the Daily Empire… but I can't find the supplement to download! Do you have a link to the actual page?

**** it. Sorry for the inconvience. HERE is the Downloads page and HERE is a direct link to the pdf.

Great! Thanks!

Hi Doc,

I have only just gotten around to reading this, and I must say I am extremely interested by what you have done here, mostly because you had the same idea/concept as myself in using the Dark Master to fill this role and tie off some of the inconsistancies between editions. My intention was/is to go one stage furthur and use him to be the God that the Fimir worship, as there background does not fit currently and in the Warhammer Forge books they are noted as being Chaos followers so it made sense to link them to the Dark Master..

My concept was that the fimir were 'his race' for want of a better term, and when he was cursed and imprisioned by the other chaos gods, this is when they also turned there backs on the fimir forcing them to live in the way they currently do, I also like the idea that the Fimir were cursed by the other Gods at this time, which is why Fimir have almost no females and those that exist are barren. My idea was to include the Dark Emersaries as a daemon specific to him, as well as linking daemons previously linked to the Fimir as other lesser/petty Daemons for his patheaon.

The main reason why I wished to head down this path was so that I would not/could not be repeating the work done by others in this regard, and also at the same time, being a likely/possible route GW could take if they were to write up the background for them in a current edition. I realise this all may come as herasy to those traditionalists out there, but I wanted a concept to bring the Fimir back but in a way in which they could seemlessly fit into the current world concept.

So to see someone else is thinking along the same lines as myself, makes me think that my idea/concepts are not as likely to be rejected by the community for breaking away from the orginal background. I am still very much in the process of writing up my take on the Fimir, but I wondered if you would object if I included parts of your write ups about the God, as I see no purpose in me writing up alot of information that is already out. Obviously I would give you credit for what has been done, and if you wished I could send you a draft before I present it to the larger community so that you where happy with what I had attached your name to…

Anyways Great Stuff. Thanks Crimsonsun

crimsonsun said:

So to see someone else is thinking along the same lines as myself, makes me think that my idea/concepts are not as likely to be rejected by the community for breaking away from the orginal background. I am still very much in the process of writing up my take on the Fimir, but I wondered if you would object if I included parts of your write ups about the God, as I see no purpose in me writing up alot of information that is already out. Obviously I would give you credit for what has been done, and if you wished I could send you a draft before I present it to the larger community so that you where happy with what I had attached your name to…

Anyways Great Stuff. Thanks Crimsonsun

That's a great idea! I feel that I should be thanking you if my writing spark any inspiration. That was the main goal of the whole project anyway. I would gladly take a look of what you come up with and give comments and you are naturally free to use my document as a part of your project (though I would like it if your work indicates the loaned parts in some way).

This is exactly what the community needs. People sharing ideas and stories.

Thats awesome, and not a problem. As I said I was already thinking along those lines before hand, but reading your article has totally re-motivated me, all I need now is to be able to pick up TEW and I will be so buzzing about wfrp that I wont be able to stop producing stuff…

Crimsonsun

Thread necromancy. This post and supplement are over two years old so there should be enough new members on this forum to make this interesting.

With the coming Mordheim: City of the Damned there should be quite a bit of interest for this as the Cult of the Possessed is one of the playable factions in that game. There might be something in the End Times books as well.

Doc, maybe you should post a link at that game's forums?

Edited by d6 Evil Men

Not a bad idea. I'll do that.