About Shadow Strongholds & Havens

By LETE, in Middle-earth Quest

His:

To help us during the game I am trying to make a list of both locations' special characteristics , thus - I'm hopeing you could add/correct stuff:

Shadow Strongholds:

Heroes can’t heal there, but can rest.

The maximum Influence in extension of the SS is the number marked on the SS’s tower.

They are always perilous.

Influence cannot be discarded from them, ever.

Anything else I'm missing?

Havens:

You can always rest & heal there, even when certain abilities would prohibit it (such as the Witch-king's).*

Are never perilous (even if certain abilities would normally have them become perilous - like Gothmog's).*

There can never, ever, be Influence tokens there (even with special cards).

Monsters can't be in there (in the location), nor move there.

Only if the Hero wants would an Ambush occur there.

Anything else?

Thanks!

L

*this I'm not certain.

LETE said:

Shadow Strongholds:

Heroes can’t heal there, but can rest.

The maximum Influence in extension of the SS is the number marked on the SS’s tower.

They are always perilous.

Influence cannot be discarded from them, ever.

Can't even Rest in a SS:

"If there is a monster or minion on the hero’s location, or if he is
on a Shadow Stronghold location, he may not rest (and this step
is skipped)." (p. 20)

Also the number on the tower is the maximum influence you can have there. But you could have 3 influence in Barad-Dur, then 1 at Mt. Doom and 3 at say Sea of Udun and Dagorlad (all connected to BD).

LETE said:

Havens:

You can always rest & heal there, even when certain abilities would prohibit it (such as the Witch-king's).*

Are never perilous (even if certain abilities would normally have them become perilous - like Gothmog's).*

There can never, ever, be Influence tokens there (even with special cards).

Monsters can't be in there (in the location), nor move there.

Only if the Hero wants would an Ambush occur there.

Looks about right, WK and Gothmog both mention Havens in their text so there isn't anything confusing about them IMO.

Dam said:

Looks about right, WK and Gothmog both mention Havens in their text so there isn't anything confusing about them IMO.

AFTGRN:

So, both their abilities don't work in/near Havens, izzat what you're saying, Mr Dam?

L

Hi:

Continuing the theme, I've done one that details all other areas in the gameboard

("Normal") Locations

Can become perilous.

Can have Influence tokens.

Can have Minions/Monsters/Heroes/Characters/Favors, etc.

Heroes can rest & heal in them, if not occupied by a Minion or a Monster, even if perilous.

Can be affected by all abilities/cards/special events, etc.

Anything else I may have missed?

(Always) Perilous Locations

All the other location rules, plus

Heroes, always have to stop when entering (unless there exists a specific special circumstance)

... Anything else I may have missed?

Thanks!

L

LETE said:

His:

Havens:

The "Broken Line of Kings" plot prevents you from resting and healing in the affected haven. Other than that plot though I believe you can always rest and heal at a haven.