Influence & Shadow Strongholds confusion

By LETE, in Middle-earth Quest

Hellos!

A bit confused about removing Influence:

1a-During the Rally Step it says to remove all Influence from the Hero's location. But in the explanation of the "Influence extension rules," under the Maximum Influence subheader (pg 16) it seems to state otherwise; it reads that all but 1 Influence is removed, any time. Which is the true statement or am I reading this wrong (confused again)?

1b-& would this include Shadow Strongholds?

2-I seem to be missing the rules for influence & Shadow Strongholds... Or maybe there aren't.

Briefly, the rules I gather for SSs:

Heroes can't heal there.

The maximum Influence in extension of the SS is the number marked on the SS's tower.

They are always Perilous.

Anything else?

Thanks!

L

LETE said:

1a-During the Rally Step it says to remove all Influence from the Hero's location. But in the explanation of the "Influence extension rules," under the Maximum Influence subheader (pg 16) it seems to state otherwise; it reads that all but 1 Influence is removed, any time. Which is the true statement or am I reading this wrong (confused again)?

You are misreading this. Page 16--Maximum Influence, is not talking about the Hero Rally Step. It is saying that that step could cause a break in the influence chain--because all influence tokens are removed from the space the Hero is in. This would cause the other, now disconnected locations to be in violation of the rule that all locations with influence are to be connected. The now disconnected locations would have all tokens removed down to one.

"1b-& would this include Shadow Strongholds?"

Therefore if a Hero is on a Stronghold again all tokens would be removed. This means that any connected locations are now in violation of the rules and should all be reduced down to one influence token.

Sorry I screwed up the quote function.

Hi:

So, I guess is that this "down to 1" rule affects all disconnected locations, using the influence extension rule as verifier (to check what's disconnected to the SS), right?

Thanks

L

Influence on a Shadow Stronghold can never be removed.

"The Hero Rally Step

In this step, each hero discards all influence tokens from his
current location (as long as he is not in a Shadow Stronghold)." (p. 11)

There are Encounter cards that might remove influence as well, but those don't affect Shadow Strongholds either (it's been asked and answered).

Dam said:

Influence on a Shadow Stronghold can never be removed.

"The Hero Rally Step

In this step, each hero discards all influence tokens from his
current location (as long as he is not in a Shadow Stronghold)." (p. 11)

There are Encounter cards that might remove influence as well, but those don't affect Shadow Strongholds either (it's been asked and answered).

Sorry, missed that.