Strange Eons tool for Runebound not dead...

By talismanisland, in Runebound

It is merely dreaming...

se_rb_aug11.png

I just thought I'd update you on what has been happening with the tool.

After the loss of my computer in a break-in ($%£""%%^&!!!!) AND taking two months to get a replacement PLUS losing over a month's worth of updates, I have finally managed to get back to developing the tool and will be posting an updated beta soon-ish.

Currently the tool will make - Hero cards, Allies (including Familiars and Captains), Items, Events, Encounters and Challenges. I have also added Quests, as featured in the Realms of Terrinoth event.

Prior to the robbery I had just updated the tool to include Legendary Quests, but have not managed to recreate those as yet. They will come eventually.

I'll try to get a revised beta uploaded by the weekend. Then of course will be the pernickety bits and pieces. After that I will hopefully get to DungeonQuest and updating the Talisman plugin to bring it up to date with the Dragon expansion.

great: I'm in the process of acquiring all of Runebound I can find, and I am looking forward to seeing your beta (well done work up to now, by the way!).

I'm sorry for your computer, though. serio.gif

YEAH! Glad to here you're getting back to normal, so to speak.

The card combinations are causing me a small headache. It will all become clear if I think some more...

Just a side thought, but have you thought about using something as simple as DropBox to protect your master files against a catastrophy? You would have a normal folder on your system where you could keep stuff up to 2G and work on it. You could place in the non-public area, so people wouldn't find it online, and everytime the file changes, it would be backed up. Just a thought, though I can see this option as not always a comfortable one for some.

It's a thought. I am okay for now as I have a backup "key" on me at all times, plus an external drive.

For now, I am still beavering away, but the "aesthetics" are giving me a bit of trouble.

Like the way the attributes are entered looks a bit, um... clumsy.

se_rb_att.jpg

I think everything else is going okay though. I have expansion icons automatically entered based on the type of template used, Rumour Costs etc only work in cards for The Frozen Wastes, icons in text boxes are a nicer size and better positioned and some other bits of jiggery pokery.

I've decided to make Challenge cards for big box expansions as separate entries as the combinations of cards would require too much input on the left side of the screen.

I'll release an updated Beta soon, and would like some input on text sizes, spacings etc.

Challenge cards are more or less done...

se_rb_rb2.jpg

Runebound Core Game (2nd Edition of course) with all options I can think of.

se_rb_tiod.jpg

The Island of Dread which is the same as above with different backs.

se_rb_soak.jpg

Sands of Al-Kalim with required alterations - Sunburst icon (if required), Stamina value and Traits.

se_rb_tfw.jpg

The Frozen Wastes with Rumour icons.

se_rb_moz.jpg

Mists of Zanaga with Terrain icons.

Next will be the Event and Encounter with as many options for the "big box" expansions as I can. Wish me luck...

it all looks great.

I wish you luck.

by the way, can the fronts and backs of the cards be chosen independently or are they pre-packaged in bundles?

It's looking really good, and as to any clumsiness on attributes, what matter more is clarity and ease. What've you got is sound and easy to grasp at first glance.

And good luck, though I don't think you'll need it. Give a howl my way if there's anything you think I could offer in support.

gbnogkfs said:

by the way, can the fronts and backs of the cards be chosen independently or are they pre-packaged in bundles?

Choosing the template, which in turn chooses the "expansion" will pick the relevent card back. So an Encounter with a MoZ icon will have a MoZ Adventure back. Of course, the separate Challenge cards will have the relevent expansion backs too.

se_rb_menu.jpg

We are nearly at the beta release stage! I have a few bits to add and fiddle about with, but the menu above shows what you can make with the plug-in at present.

I am moving onto the DungeonQuest tool for the moment, and will then be working on adding assets from The Dragon expansion for the Talisman plug-in.

Phew...

Not much has changed with the tool since my last post here, so I am giving out the address where you can get hold of the latest beta of the Runebound tool, PLUS the latest beta of the Dungeonquest tool.

I have to do some fiddly things with it, like rotating the card backs correctly on some cards, but I think it is more or less there. I am still musing about not having limited selection for all numbering, but for the moment it is still available.

You can get the latest versions here -

http://www.talismanisland.com/se_temp/

and you should perhaps read up on Strange Eons here -

http://cgjennings.ca/eons/

You will have to bear with me as work is taking up more and more time of late and development may be slower than I would like.

In the mean time, give it a try and let me know if there are any specific issues.

Please note that it's probably worth having a good play with SE and some of the cards for AH that are built in, so that you can work some things out before posting something that might not actually be a problem.

It will all get tidied up before an "official" release, but for now it is certainly functional.

Have fun!

One thing to say Great but what I notice macro inputs are a bit different like not <wo> for Wounds but <wou> can you give full and updated macro list please. Awesome tool. (for a ps. :) )

Yeah, I updated it as it might have given problems along the line -

Current Macro list (though some may not be active as yet - I can't remember!)

var MACROS = '<define ap "<b>Any Phase:</b>">'
+ '<define al "<b>All Phases:</b>">'
+ '<define bc "<b>Before Combat:</b>">'
+ '<define ra "<b>Ranged:</b>">'
+ '<define ml "<b>Melee:</b>">'
+ '<define mg "<b>Magic:</b>">'
+ '<define rm "<b>Ranged and Melee:</b>">'
+ '<define mm "<b>Melee and Magic:</b>">'
+ '<define sk "<b>Skills:</b>">'
+ '<define rw "<b>Reward:</b>">'
+ '<define fo "<b>Forage - </b>">'
+ '<define ms "<b>Movement step:</b>">'
+ '<define ss "<b>Story step:</b>">'
+ '<define cq "Complete this Quest when you">'
+ '<define cl "Climb +2">'
+ '<define cl+ "Climb +4">'
+ '<define di "Diplomacy +2">'
+ '<define di+ "Diplomacy +4">'
+ '<define en "Endure +2">'
+ '<define en+ "Endure +4">'
+ '<define hi "Hide +2">'
+ '<define hi+ "Hide +4">'
+ '<define ju "Jump +2">'
+ '<define ju+ "Jump +4">'
+ '<define lo "Lore +2">'
+ '<define lo+ "Lore +4">'
+ '<define pr "Prophecy +2">'
+ '<define pr+ "Prophecy +4">'
+ '<define re "Resist +2">'
+ '<define re+ "Resist +4">'
+ '<define sn "Sneak +2">'
+ '<define sn+ "Sneak +4">'
+ '<define sp "Spot +2">'
+ '<define sp+ "Spot +4">'
+ '<define sw "Swim +2">'
+ '<define sw+ "Swim +4">'
+ '<define sw- "Swim -4">'
+ '<define ti "Tinker +2">'
+ '<define ti+ "Tinker +4">'
+ '<define hs "<image res://runebound/card-halfspace.png 40pt 2.5pt>">'
+ '<define att "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-mind.png 6pt 9pt> <size 12>@1;<size 10>/<size 7>@2; <image res://runebound/elements/icon-body.png 6.9pt 9pt> <size 12>@3;<size 10>/<size 7>@4; <image res://runebound/elements/icon-spirit.png 9pt 9pt> <size 12>@5;<size 10>/<size 7>@6; <image res://runebound/elements/icon-wounds.png 10.8pt 9pt> <size 12>@7;</size>">'
+ '<define min "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-mind.png 4.3pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define bod "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-body.png 5.0pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define spi "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-spirit.png 6.5pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define wou "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-wounds.png 7.8pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define exh "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-exhaustion.png 4.6pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define gol "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-gold.png 4.8pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define div "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-divinity.png 4.4pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define epi "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-epic.png 5.3pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define fig "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-fighting.png 7.0pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define fro "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-frost.png 7.5pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define whi "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-white-death.png 4.1pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define moo "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-moon.png 6.5pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define sku "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-skull.png 4.8pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define sun "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-sun.png 6.5pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define sub "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-subterfuge.png 11.7pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define sur "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-survival.png 4.8pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define wiz "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-wizardry.png 6.0pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define ttt "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-timing-text.png 12.2pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define tbc "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-timing-before-combat.png 10.1pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define tmo "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-timing-movement.png 5.1pt 6.5pt center>">'
+ '<define men "<image res://runebound/elements/icon-menace.png 5.5pt 6.5pt center>">';

Thank you very much. BTW I got a little question to you talismanisland. Do you have any idea what kind of paper they use at FFG ?? I'm talking about this one with little tiny holes as texture. They use it for cards in Talisman and mainly boxes. Thank you in advance.

Overlon

Were the challenge gem icons ever coded in?