Customs Search Event card on a Hunter group? OFFICIAL RULING?

By Teetoo, in Fury Of Dracula

If Dracula plays Customs Search on a Hunter group do all the Hunters in the group lose their item cards? Or just one Hunter chosen by Dracula?

There seems to be a lot of debate and speculation on this by players. Is there someone who can give an official ruling on this from FFG or a designer?

Thanks a bunch!

Teetoo said:

If Dracula plays Customs Search on a Hunter group do all the Hunters in the group lose their item cards? Or just one Hunter chosen by Dracula?

There seems to be a lot of debate and speculation on this by players. Is there someone who can give an official ruling on this from FFG or a designer?

Thanks a bunch!

Have you tried posting an official rules request by using the link "Rules Question" on the bottom of this page? Maybe it's the easiest way to have something official (even if I don't know if you'll get an answer... some pals on other forums were lucky, but the questions I posted remained unanswered)

But anyway, here are my two cents on your question: the Hunters form a group, and as a group they move. So, if they meet something able to block an investigator, then this blocks the group also (it's a kind of compensation on the greater power a group has)

seconded. for if they encountered a minion on the trail together, they would all be able to battle it.

I have finially got an "official" answer to this from Kevin Wilson of FFG:

"Looking at Customs Search and the various aspects of the issue, I would rule that the card only affects 1 Hunter's inventory (that is, Dracula chooses 1 Hunter to lose items), but that the Hunter GROUP'S entire turn ends, not just that of the individual hunter. So, 1 Hunter loses items, then the Hunter Group's turn ends."

Thanks guys!

Good to know! And fair enough as solution. Thank you for asking and sharing!