RTL: Overlord passing item from one lieutenants to another to move faster and other questions

By Christen, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi

Is it posible to move an item two spaces in one week. By having two lieutenants one step apart. Then have the first move to the other with the item (ie. sunstone) then had it over to the other lieutenant and have him move it once. With Kratz it works well as he can move two steps without an item.

Seccond question:
If we have just gotten to gold level and I have the monster categorys in silver. Can I upgrade one category first to gold then to diamond, without upgrading the others to gold.

Third question:
Can the hero party move into a city where a lieutenant is standing without engaging him.

Christen said:

Hi

Is it posible to move an item two spaces in one week. By having two lieutenants one step apart. Then have the first move to the other with the item (ie. sunstone) then had it over to the other lieutenant and have him move it once. With Kratz it works well as he can move two steps without an item.

It appears so. I can't see anything to stop it.

Christen said:

Seccond question:
If we have just gotten to gold level and I have the monster categorys in silver. Can I upgrade one category first to gold then to diamond, without upgrading the others to gold.

Definitely, It is common, if the heroes are competent and CT is 'tight' for the OL, to only upgrade one type of monsters in the entire campaign, thus ending with Diamond monsters in one category and copper in both others (sometimes silver in one of them.
Generally speaking I would say it is very poor play to have upgraded multiple monsters types before one type is upgraded as far as it can be. But each to his own...

Christen said:

Third question:
Can the hero party move into a city where a lieutenant is standing without engaging him.

Yes. Engaging is entirely optional. For both heroes and Lts. If the Lt wants it can engage the heroes in the city in its own turn (which is just a normal encounter - the hroes have to come out and fight to 'maintain face' and keep the support of the general populace).

Corbon said:

Christen said:

Hi

It appears so. I can't see anything to stop it.

FAQ, pg. 14:

Q: If a lieutenant drops a quest item, can another
lieutenant pick it up immediately?
A: No. If a lieutenant drops a quest item, other lieutenants
cannot pick it up until a game week has passed.

So, no, a quest item may not be moved two trails in one week.