What do we know about the Second Edition?

By PodPeoplePress, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Has anyone seen it up close? Does anyone know any more information than what is listed in the descrption?

PodPeoplePress said:

Has anyone seen it up close? Does anyone know any more information than what is listed in the descrption?

Nope, that's about all we've got so far. There should be more news releases in due time, though.

I'm antsy too. There was so much information released at GenCon, but suddenly that flow slowed down a bit. I check back daily hoping for more news.

You're not alone. I actually preordered the game already and now I'm anxiously waiting for some more information.

Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it. I'm interested to see just how different playing the overlord is going to be. The threat mechanic can be an awesome psychological tool, but I hear that's going away.

bmaynard said:

Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it. I'm interested to see just how different playing the overlord is going to be. The threat mechanic can be an awesome psychological tool, but I hear that's going away.

Yeah threat had the potential to be a really cool mechanic, unfortunately in practice it didn't work very well because the costs of many of the cards weren't balanced (in general spawns were too cheap and power cards too expensive). I would've just tweaked the costs on cards to get them right for 2nd Edition, but I'm not opposed to a whole new system either, so long as it gets the job done right. I just hope they don't go back to Doom's system of "Play the card whenever you feel like it.....". The resource and hand management aspects of Overlording are one of my favorite things about the game.

I'm anxious for more news on 2E also, but I guess it really isn't suprising they haven't said much more about it, since it's still several months away (I assume "Early 2012" doesn't include January gran_risa.gif ). Pure speculation here, but I think the Realms of Terrinoth event is in late February, anyone think they might release it at that?