Weapon Jam and Technical Knock

By Jehowa, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello,

I have a question about the talent "technical knock" (to unjam weapons). When I use the talent technical knock to unjam a jammed gun, do I still have to reload the weapon and is the remaining ammo still lost/unuseable ?

Thanks for helping !

I am pretty sure that yes, you would have to take the time to reload it and the ammo in it would be lost, because the talent does not say otherwise. The talent just represents you having the ability to very quickly un-jam weapons, not to reverse the effects of damaging the ammunition.

I asked the same question as a Rules Question to the Devs, but got no reply.

But I am leaning in the other direction. Why spend alot of XP just to avoid making a simple BS test?

Note also the wording: Clear Jam vs. Unjam. This may indicate that "clearing" involves "clearing out all ammo in the weapon", while "unjam" means just that: No longer jammed.

Generally clearing a jam will result in you losing one round. Most jams result from a failure of the round to feed into the breech, and the round is sitting/stuck/rattling-around between the clip and the breech (although I have seen a jam because the dude used 222 instead of 223!). You need to shake it out, or remove the clip first and shake it out. If you want to fire that round it will have to be loaded (either into the weapon or the clip) manually.

Weapon doesn't fire: (This is generalised and applies to both pistols and rifles)

Rack the slide to open:

Check in the ejection port;

Shake out the loose round;

(Remove clip if necessary;

Shake out the loose round;)

Re-insert clip;

Action slide;

Rock and roll.

What about lasguns, plasma, melta, flame....

Darth Smeg said:

What about lasguns, plasma, melta, flame....

Sadly I don't have those talents.

I know, that's so unwothy.

For a lasgun it's usually something wrong with the focusing array.

Melta and Flame probably something wrong with the pipes that the fuel flows through, thus the whole 'clip' wouldn't be fouled.

Plasma on the other hand, not quite sure. Bad batch of plasma in the flask? In that case then I'd say toss the clip.