Misprint on "Belly of the Beast" setup card 1

By Tim Kelly, in Gears of War: The Board Game

The text on the card:
"Special Rules: Place a door token on the first map tile's exit. This door leads to level 3. Level 3 cannot be explored from any other door.
Flip When: A player activates Location 13B's equipment(found in level 3.)"

The problem is: Level 3 is a "locked" level. This means you can't enter it until you find the key, which (according to the text on the card) is found BEHIND the locked door of level 3.

However, when you explore Level 2, you'll realize this mission setup card should refer to 12B, which is where the "unlock" card can be found.

Really liking this one so far!

TK

Wrong! I'm wrong. There is no misprint, just crappy interpretation by an old geezer.

No problems with this mission. Sorry!

TK

Why do You think there is no misprint on the Mission Setup card?

I don't understand it. Please explain.

You cannot flip the Stage 1 card, because You would have to activate the Location 13B's equipment to do so. But You can't without to explore Level 3 and get to Location 13B. The problem is: You cannot explore Level 3 and get to Location 13B, because Level 3 is locked.

Do I miss something?

Check out 12B's card, it's one of the tiles in lvl 2. Basically in this mission you first go to the other door on lvl 1 (that leads to lvl 2), explore the level and then activate 12B's "?" ability, which unlocks lvl 3, backtrack to the other door on lvl 1 (now unlocked), explore and make your way to 13B to use its "?", which triggers stage 2.

Aha ... I understand. I didn't check 12B's "?" entry. My fault. Thank You for the answer, Dam.

Whoa!

Was checking the mission for tonight's game and fortunately I double-checked the forums, as I stumbled on the same mistake (not reading 12B card ability). Thanks guys!

I made thé same mistake :)

Glad I found this post, I was thinking WTF as well :)